NEW POOL PUMP OVERHEATING

Greetings,

I replaced the motor this week with the exact model number as prexisting motor, a Century HSQ165 with exact same rating. I have a Pentair Whisper Flow WF-28. I replace the specified impellar (073129) as the old one 's edge was frayed (around the seal) from the old motor  that statrted to continually overheat the last 2 weeks; on for an hour, shut off 20 min then runs that same cycle continually thruought the day. That motor was 3 yrs old.I also repalced the seal plate. All required seals replaced with new including gasket on diffuser and seal plate. Previous owner did not properly maintain pool equipment platform; dirt and grass incased the bottom of the motor ergo no ventilation. When disassembling there was crabgrass wrapped around the impellar and motor shaft. LOL

After cleaning the area, I installed the new motor (230). The new motor ran for an hour and half then shut down. The motor ran smooth and quiet but a rattling grating noise souinded like it was coming from the housing where the diffuser is positioned. (is there friction somewhere between impellar and diffuser) I was getting good pool return, the water feature had good flow, skimmer and cleaner running well for that short period. I turned off main breaker to prevent damage and will hold off until I recieve your guidance.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards, Orlando