Century 7-187400-20

I have booster pump Century 7-187400-20 CAT B668 that recently stopped working. Thought it may be the capacitor, so replaced that and it worked for about 4 hours.  Now it comes on for about 30 seconds and then shuts off, comes back on, shuts off…  Any idea what the cause could be?  Should I replace the entire booster pump or just the motor?  If I replace, what is the like model for replacement?  The one I have is at least 17 years old.  I know they don’t make them like they used to but would want something comparable.  Thanks for your help!

The windings are likely bad in the motor. A similar complete pump would be the Letro model LA01N.

If the front of the pump is in good shape, you can replace the motor and keep the rest of the housing. The replacement motor is part number B668.

1 Like

I had someone suggest the Polaris PB4SQ booster pump to replace my old Century.  Said it was quiet and more energy efficient.  I can’t find anything that says it will work with my Letro pool cleaner.  Do you know if it is compatible with any pool cleaner?  My letro is fairly new and don’t want to have to buy new cleaner just to get a quieter pump.

Yes, you could use a Polaris Booster Pump with your Letro cleaner.

1 Like