Conversion

I bought a new Polaris 280 about 6 years ago to replace a Polaris 380 or 360(can’t remember) It started giving me leader hose problems right off the bat. After 2 years of pulling out knots and leaving the hose on the deck in the hot Louisiana sun for 4 days at a time, I finally gave up and ditched it. I bought another Polaris 280 new, right out of the box and had the same problem within 6 months. So, I ordered a new complete leader hose, within 2 weeks, the same problem…hose ties loops and knots on itself and cannot clean the entire length of the pool. I have tried adjusting the position of the floats to no avail + adding an extra float from the old leader hose, still the same problem. Polaris tech, refuse to answer my emails. So, does anyone know what type of pool cleaner might be the better to replace a Polaris + one that uses the same pressure pump not operating off of pool vacuum? Something that I could plug into the side wall connection of a 15k gallon pool with a 3/4 h.p. pressure pump, and it would work off the same system, except one that has histories of not knotting or tangling of the leader hose. I just want a cleaner pool.

The Pentair Legend pressure cleaner would be a good option. You could use your existing booster pump to power the unit. The model number for the Legend cleaner is LL505GG.

Does it come complete with a new leader hose and everything else with I will need to make to transfer?

Yes, it does come with everything you need for installation.

1 Like

Thanks, InyoRob…I will most likely let the present Polaris 280 finish krapping out or when my pool guy says he’s tired of cleaning what the Polaris doesn’t clean; then, find the Pentair Legend and will keep InYoPool’s price on my list of places to check out prices and such…it all boils down to $$$$. Retired on a fixed income with NO COLA’s.

1 Like