Hayward colorlogic 4.0 120v

I have a Hayward colorlogic 4.0 led 120v. My Niche is a Duraniche.

I’m running a salt system.

My light worked about two years and started acting up. After three years it was totally gone.

So I waited several years to spend the $500.00+ dollars to replace. When I pulled it out of the Niche I saw a sticker that said “Fresh water only” Very strange.

My question is, is there another light to work in that niche or am I stuck with Hayward? The reviews are not favorable to stay with Hayward.

Hi xgoose,

The “Fresh water only” warning is meaning that the light should not be used in ocean water which is around 40,000 Parts Per Million (PPM) of salt. The ColorLogic is fine to be used in a salt pool as salt pools are maintained at 3,000 PPM of salt. Any of these LED Pool Light Fixtures will work in the Hayward DuraNiche.

The downside to going with any of the LED Pool light fixtures in the link above are that the bulbs are not replaceable as these lights use a LED circuit board so if the LED board goes bad like your ColorLogic did then the entire light fixture has to be replaced. I’m a proponent of getting one of these Standard Hayward Light Fixtures and one of these PureLine PureColors LED Bulbs, before installing the light fixture you will swap out the standard bulb with the PureColors LED bulb and now if the bulb ever goes bad you are looking at replacing a $150 bulb and not a $600 light fixture, not to mention the added labor of replacing the entire fixture. Also this route is quite a bit less expensive (i.e. $375 vs. $600) We also have two videos which may be helpful…

Video on How to Replace a Pool Light Fixture

Video on How to Replace a Standard Pool Bulb with a LED Pool Bulb

I hope this helps, if you have any questions please let me know.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

I have Two Colorlogic pool light on the same switch and having a problem with them. Light 1 flashes and light 2 doesn’t turn on. I’m unable to get them to work properly. Is there a way to fix this? They are 4 years old and I’ve only used them for about 4hours total. Any help is appreciated.

Hello Christian - Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to repair the ColorLogic lights. The entire fixture needs to be replaced when something malfunctions in the light.

We’d recommend something like the PureColors light. The PureColors light has an LED bulb that can be replaced.