Hayward DE 4800 - High Pressure - Constant Back washing even with new filter grid

Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts - salt/DE - ten years no issues. I have crystal clear water and great chemical readings. I strip clean the filter with soaking and solvent at least once a year at closing/opening minimum.

FC - 2.5

CC - 0

PH - 7.6

TA - 100

CH - 170

CYA - 30

This year, the pressure would build, I’d backwash and had same issue every day/other day. (My standard “normal” for years is 85% power and 15 psi - worked for a decade like this - would backwash when it got to 20 ish usually after a couple months or more). We have an overflow water feature and I can tell by simply looking at the overflow when the pressure is building/flow gets weaker etc. I’ve looked at the jets/pressure out and don’t see blockage or air buildup in the filter. Just figured after ten years the filter grid needed replacing. Put the old in a barrel with cleaner solution to clean, dry and keep for future emergency need.

Got the new filter grid in and got a couple weeks before it needed back washing every other day too. We had a side project and were doing something with the water so when the new grid needed to be cleaned (because the pressure was building again) I decided to put the old grid in for a few days and wouldn’t you know - I got three weeks out of the old grid before pressure built again…so that was a head scratcher - the old grid worked that didnt work was now working again for almost a month! Go figure? Anyway, thinking the grid was old because it is 10 years old (no tears or rips) and I had the new grid, I put the new grid in and then got a solid three weeks out of that one! Now that new grid (bought in mid July this summer) is back to daily high pressure and what I think is backwashing needs…but the earth being backwashed out is still pretty white as you’d expect with clear water.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the heck is going on this year with my pool and these grids?? It’s a Hayward DE 4800 and calls for 6 scoops of DE (when stripped and clean I use 6 - after I use 4-5 after a backwash accounting for DE still on the grid).

Thanks for your help trying to solve this problem!!