Hayward Pump Motor Replacement

I have a Hayward Tristar VS pool pump that I’m trying to find the correct replacement motor. I’ve looked on your site but didn’t see a direct replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tristar VS Pump / model: SP3202VSP / serial# 21111812051915005 / install date 05/19

Century motor / M48AB35A04 / 1.85 THP / RPM 600-3450 / S.F. 1 / Fr 48Y / Type M

SP3210Z1ECM2 / S341180011529 / serial# 3051803738

Hi,

Thanks for the photos!

You will require this Hayward Tristar Replacement Power End and this Hayward Tri Star Tune Up Kit

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping for a motor replacement only. Thanks

Hi,

If you wanted to go with a less expensive motor replacement then you could go with either of these two motors.

1.65 HP Century V-Green Variable Speed Motor

or

2.7 HP Century V-Green Variable Speed Motor

If you go this route and you currently have an Hayward indoor control system then you would no longer be able to operate the speeds of the pump from the indoor controller as all of the programming of the speeds is done the controller of the pump motor. Your timer or control system would power up the pump then the programming of the motor would take over from there.

If you went with either of the 2 motors above then you will need an impeller change. Here is the 1.65 Tristar Impeller and here would be the 2.7 HP Tristar Impeller. Both options would require this TriStar Tune Up Kit.

Hi, I have a very similar situation and motor on a TriStar VS pump and would like to replace just the motor with the Century V-Green 165, but I’m using Hayward E-Command 4 and the RS-485 link to control pump speed.

The terminal blocks and arrangement are absolutely identical on the V-Green 165 compared to my current motor; I’m surprised to hear that it wouldn’t work with any control systems.  Has this been confirmed or tried?

If E-Command 4 won’t control the motor, is it possible to swap my existing Hayward drive/VFD onto the V-Green 165 motor?  The drive is fine, it’s the bearings that have failed.  I’m thinking that Century probably makes the same motor as OEM equipment for Hayward to mount their drive and display on it.  What are my chances?

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Steve