Looking for 2 speed or Variable speed pump

I have a 1 1/2 super pump II and it is really too much for my pool… If I try and use one input the pump will start going dry and surging. Even with all 4 inputs open and all outputs open I still think it flows too much pressure and volume. Its a 20 x 40 pool with around 18K gallons and a big cartridge filter. Pump runs 24x7 from spring to fall  mainly because we like the sound of the connected Hottub and the water fall.

I want to be able to just use the connected spa input and out but have a small enough or dual speed pump so I can heat it with out the pressure going up and down causing the heater to cut iff.

Thoughts or sugestions?

I think the return line form the spa has a rock and isn’t flowing 100% but had a pool plumber spend 3 hours trying to open it up. Just thinking is I could turn down the speed it would help. PLus my pump is older and probably isn’t very energy efficient

Thank you for contacting Inyo. We’d recommend a variable speed pump for your pool. The benefit would be that you could circulate the water on a low RPM and save a lot on energy consumption. You’d also have the ability to run it on high speed when you want to use the spa jets. Something like the PureLine Prime model PL2605 would be a good option.

Just ordered it

1 Like

That’s great! Thank you for shopping with Inyo.