Mark needs new pool pump old one is a Sta-Rite Max E Glass II 1.5hp single speed P6RA6F-206L

Hello,

I need a new pool pump to replace my old Sta-Rite Max E Glas II 1.5hp #P6RA6F-206L.

I want to know which is best for replacement pump.  Your Heyward 1.5hp Super Pump SP3010X15AZ or your Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro 1 1/2 HP Full Rate Energy Efficient - P6E6F207L ?

Can you advise me on this. My pool repare guy says to replace my pump with a Hayward Super pump II But the Sta-Rite Max- E pro specs sound better to me.

Which do you think I should get.

My system is a salt syatem and has two heaters gas and electric, pool filter Sta-Rite,  small pool and spa aprox less than 15,000 gallons and old pump is a sta-rite P6RA6F-206L.

Which pump would you recomend?

Thanks,

Mark H. Crooker

Hello Mark - We’d be glad to assist you. Both pumps are great options but I would recommend the Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro P6E6F207L over the Hayward SP3010X15AZ. I like the fact that the Max-E-Pro sits up higher than the Super Pump. This is beneficial because it protects the motor from ground water damage. If the motor is too low the bottom will rust out and eventually cause the motor to fail. Below is an example of a pump that sat too low to the ground.

Image result for rusted pool motor

Hello Again,

Thank you very much for your objective advice on the differance of the two pumps I asked you to compare for me.

I also liked the fact that the Sta-Rite pump has a more defined mount which I assume was also designed to helps supress noise to run quieter.

Thanks for the great illistration of the pump being higher off the ground and the reasons for it.

You helped me make a more informed decission on which pump.  I will try and make the purchase on your site later this evening.  I am out flying a trip and will have it delivered to my parents house because I will not be home until February 15th.

So I need it delivered and my pool guy to come by there house to bring over to mine to drop in place and hook up.

Thanks you very much for your time and advice.

Regards,

Mark H. Crooker

66 Woodfield Circle PO Box 4007  Homosassa Springs, FL 34447-4007

Hey Rob,

One last question about the two pump units.

If I got the Heyward Super II pump and mounted it on and 18"X18"X1" landscaping concrete slab placed over my concrete pool platform/patio area where all my pool system equipment is would that help and make a differance because now I would have the Heyward electric motor over an aditional inch above the ground similar to the Sta-Rite Max-E Pro.

In other words are there other rerasons for me to chose one over the other,  Sta-Rite 1.5hp Max-E Pro ee single speed or Heyward 1.5hp Super pump II ?

Thank you,

Mark H. Crooker

As long as the Hayward is propped up higher, you should be ok. I think you’d be happy with either one. You can expect a similar performance and lifespan between the two. Also, both companies use the same manufacturer for the motors.

OK Rob thanks,