Multiport Valve Leaking

Hello! I have a multiport valve that is leaking from the top near where the handle is. Photo below. It says the model is WC 112-147. Any advice on where I should start troubleshooting?

(Referral from TroubleFreePool.com.)

Thanks!

Below is a schematic of the WC112 valve. A common cause of a leak by the handle is the shaft o-ring (key 8). Other problems could stem from the spring (key 10) or the rotor (key 12). These parts are difficult to replace. Most pool owners prefer to replace the top assembly (key 17). Here is a link to the parts http://www.inyopools.com/pool_parts_sta_rite_multiport_1_1_2_wc112_series.aspx

Sta-Rite 1-1/2 WC112 Series Multiport Valve Diagram

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome. Thank you for visiting INYOpools.com,

Hello! I replaced the top of the MPV, being sure the new o-ring was seated correctly, and the leak from the top of the valve is even worse. See below photo. Any advice?

I’ve contacted a Pentair rep to see if he has an idea why it would leak even worse with a new cover assembly. I’ll respond as soon as I hear back.

1 Like

Ok - thank you! I do have photos of the housing below it, for what it’s worth.

I disassembled the new cover assembly and it had no o-ring! See photo.

A little disappointed as not having to take it apart to get to the o-ring was why I bought the whole assembly.

Sorry to hear that. Are you missing key 8?

Correct. Who do I contact with order info to resolve?

I’ll handle that. We can ship one out to you at no charge. I apologize for the inconvenience.

OK - please let me know if you need any info.

Received replacement and swapped it out. No more leaking. Thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome. I’ll let the Pentair rep know that some of their valves are missing the shaft o-rings.