New pool equipment

Building an inground pool, need to see if the following equipment is sized correctly for about a 5000 gallon plunge pool.

Power-Flo LX 1HP, 115v Single Speel Pump W3SP1580

Pentair Filter - SD-40 145320

Above Ground Pool Salt System PL7705

Decided to go with above ground salt system die to it being a rather small pool, If you have a better recomendation, i am open for suggestions.  Not crazy about cartrige filters, had one on my hot tub, did not like it.

Hello Roy - All of the equipment is appropriately sized. However, the Power-Flo LX W3SP1580 is designed for above ground pools. It is not a self-priming pump. This means that it must sit below the water level of the pool so it can be gravity fed with water. If your equipment will not sit lower than the body of water, I’d recommend the Power-Flo II model W3SP1780. Click Here to View More Details on the Hayward W3SP1780

We have a Waterway SMF 3/4HP pump that would also work and would cost less than the Hayward. Click Here to View More Details on the Waterway SMF-107

thank you for your rapid response.  I think i will go with the Hayward.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Come back and post a picture of the new pool and equipment pad when it is completed. We love to see that kind of stuff.