New pool light

I just got my pool resurfaced and 100% need to replace the old light.  I was just going to replace the ring and add an LED bulb before taking it out, then noticed it was a VERY old style light (PacFab 60-XX5X).  The gasket is out there, but I am not sure if the ring/face is.

There are pool lights for about $150-200…and then the LED Pool lights for closer to $400-500. So my question is this, woud it not be more practical to buy the $150 new light fixture, then switch the bulb with an LED one ($90) and be out $240 only…and have a new LED colour changing light system?

Just making sure I’m not missing something in this process.

TIA

Thank you for contacting Inyo. It is more economical to get a standard incandescent fixture and then add the LED bulb. What is the outside diameter of your current face ring?

Thank you very much for the reply. I didn’t take the measurement, but I would say it’s ‘standard size.’ I actually just wanted to change the bulb, gasket, and face ring as the ring is very dull…however since the fixture is so old (PacFab 60-XX5X), the housing appears to be different than the new style…so I cannot replace with the newer face ring (to the best of my knowledge. If you can confirm otherwise, that would be a great help…there is nothing wrong with the current light other than cosmetically is has an ugly face ring and after a pricey upgrade it’s an eyesore. The though was, if I’m going to do it, might as well do the face and light at the same time. Images below.

Thanks again!

It looks like you have the old Pac-Fab Hatteras pool light fixture. The face ring is obsolete and there is not a replacement. You could replace that light with the PureLine PureColors LED light fixture and bulb. The 120v fixture is available with 50’ of cord or 100’ of cord.