Part # 5056-13A, Sta-Rite Tank Body cracked

I have tried epoxy to repair a crack in this body.  It slows the leak but it is still present.  I am thinking of trying plastic welding or fiberglass repair but not sure what material this tank body is made of.  Could you help me on suggestions to repair the crack along with informing me if this tank body is plastic or fiberglass.  Thank you.

wmorton1

The Sta-Rite Dura-Glas uses a fiberglass body. My suggestion would be to replace the tank body (part number 5056-13A). Patching is always temporary and you run the risk of a bad leak occurring when you’re not home.

Hi Rob:

Thank you for responding.  I agree with your suggestion but replacing the part would be rather involved at this time, e.g., cutting pvc piping and replacing new piping along with the tank body.  I have been patching for years now but obviously it is not a good fix.  I will try another patch work using fiberglass to see how that works.  I am retired so I have a little time to do things…even replacing a tank body in the future.  :slight_smile: Thank you again.

1 Like