Parts needed

I wanted to know what the proper part is that I need to go from a 1-1/2" inlet pipe to a 2" union. I replaced my pump and need to step down to the 1-1/2" pipe. This would be a slip on connection from the inlet to the union fitting that screws onto the pump inlet and outlet. Thanks in advance.  Dave

Hello Dave - We couldn’t find a pump union that went from 2" ports down to 1.5" pvc. We would recommend going with a 2" pump union and then running 10" of 2" pvc. Then you could use a reducer at the end of that 10" and step it down to 1.5" pvc. Those reducers can be found at any hardware store.

Feeling rather foolish after looking at the main inlet pipe again. To my great joy the inlet, with the original pump installation , was a 2" pipe that was stepped down to a 1 1/2" pump inlet. I can run 2" all the way through until I have to tie it into the cartridge line, which happens to be 1 1/2". Easy! Got my pipe and elbows and just need to look over the wiring before I start the install. The cold pool is keeping any algae down, giving me a bigger window to install with limited time to do it due to work schedule. Thanks for the response.

We’re glad to hear that. Thank you for coming back and giving us an update!