Pentair Clean and Clear 150 Filter

When I recently removed the center core/cartridge from the filter tank, the bottom cirlular plate portion of the core separated from the “tower” portion of the core and is now very much stuck in the bottom of  the tank.  I tried to remove it and nothing I tried has worked.  If I line up the tower portion correctly with the piece stuck on the bottom, it appears to still filter fine but I’d like to remove it and put it back together as it should be.  Have you ever heard of this happening?..any suggestions?  FYI…I contacted Pentair and they were of no help whatsoever…there response was that this technically shouldn’t happen!

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you…Roy

Roy, so these bottom portions of those cores only sit in place. There should not be any glue or seals that keep it in place. It is likely just being stubborn. There is no real trick to removing those as its good old fashioned elbow grease. If it has already broken from the main core then if it continues to break due to being brittle you may need to purchase a new one.

Roy, the base of the core does snap into the rest of the core using plastic tabs but they sometimes break off.

Roy, Thank you for the compliment and yes what you are describing is a pretty common thing with those series Pentair filters using those cores. Just some good old fashioned wiggling and elbow grease with that.