Pentair WFE-2 capacitor cover

We have a Pentair WFE-2 pump for our water fountain. The cover that goes over the motor capacitor has significant corrosion. Is it possible to obtain a new capacitor cover? It looks like this cover is used on various pumps with A.O. Smith motors. Thanks.

Unfortunately, the capacitor cover is not available separately. My suggestion would be to check with a local pool store and see if they have any old pool pump motors laying around. If so, you might be able to pull one from an old motor.

Thanks for your response. I’ll see if I can find a used part from a pool store. If I’m not able to find one, can you recommend replacement motor options for our Pentair WFE-2 pump? The current motor is 0.5 HP. We live in California, so not sure if Title 20 limits the selection for 0.5 HP motors.

Google 35CB4802A02SP.  You might have to drill new holes in the cover to get it to line up with the holes on the motor but the size is the same .  I don’t think it comes with a gasket either.  If yours is in bad shape I think some silicone caulk would work perfect.

1 Like