Pool Heater

I recently replaced my pool pump motor DIY using your video instructions… THANKYOU! It took some time, however motor is up and running it seems without issue… except now my electric pool heater is not turning on. Could there be a relationship between my motor replacement and heater not turning on? I know the heater runs when pool pressure is at the correct operating level, so I confirmed that all filters are clean. Any guidance appreciated!

Hi INMYPool,

Thanks for the kind words about the pool pump motor replacement. There is nothing I can think of that would be tied to the pool motor replacement and the heat pump. Are you getting any readings or error codes on your heat pump? If so could you supply those to us?

I apologize for the late reply to your response. No, I was getting no panel display at all, so no error codes. Good News, the heater did kick on the next morning and to be honest I did nothing except try the breaker again the next day. My non-professional opinion is that the heat pump needed time to ‘re-pressurrize’ in order to have consistent water flow again and maybe that took overnight.

Now off to deal with a low salt reading. Pool store reading says salt high, and my salt meter only showing 65%. Maybe time to clean cell.

Thats great news about the heat pump! Yes I would clean the cell.