Pool Light Replacement

  • Last Post 01 October 2019
ChrisBeauvais posted this 30 September 2019

I am trying to replace two lights in my old pool/spa.  The first is by Swimquip with No. H-778359, 500 W bulb.  It's 8 1/2" across the metal ring with glass showing about 6 1/4" across.  The second one is by American Products Company with # 409019 showing on a tag.  It is about 5 3/4" across the metal ring with glass showing about 3 3/4" across.  Not sure of the wattage since I didn't take it apart.  Can you assist me in getting replacement lights that will fits the housings?  Thanks.

InyoRob posted this 01 October 2019

You could replace your lights with a Hayward Universal ColorLogic. Obviously, you'd get the pool size to replace your Swimquip and the spa size to replace the American light. The Universal series is offered in 12v. You'd need to add a transformer if your old lights were 120v.