Pool pump help

I have a Hayward super pump model C48l2N134B1 ser. # 03507CH. The bearings are going and the pump is making a lot of noise. I’d like to replace the motor or whole pump. What pump motor would be suitable to replace my pump motor? And what other parts would I need to go along with replacing and installing new motor?

The replacement motor for your Hayward Super Pump is part number UST1152. We’d recommend replacing the seals when you replace the motor. The seal kit is part number GOKIT3. Use GOKIT3SALT if you have salt water.

Great. How difficult is it to replace motor?

Also another question,

this 1.5 hp motor used to control spa jets in spa tub independent of pool pool motor. The spa tub is a spill over type. The motor when turned on operates the jets in spa tub. Tub fits about 6 people.

The question I have is this, what size hp motor is really an adaquate for this size spa tub or is this 1.5 hp motor fine?

Replacing a motor on a pool pump is not very difficult. We’ll post a video below that explains how to complete the installation.

The 1.5Hp could be adequate. It’s tough for us to know for sure. How many jets are in the spa? What is the feet of head on the pump?

Hello,

yes it was pretty easy to replace motor. The seals for a salt pool were a little bit of a problem but I manage it. Wiring the pump has become a problem though. I forgot my existing pump was wire 220v and I mistakenly wired the pump 120v. and turn dial to 120v When I bumped the motor on for a sec it made a lot of noise. So I rewired to 220v and turned dial to 220v. Motor turned on for a sec. and stop working. I hope all I did was trip thermal overload.

Is the a way to test if pump was damaged? Also I hope didn’t over tighten the impeller when put the motor back together.

If the thermal overload just tripped, the motor should turn back on once it’s cooled down. If the motor is set to the correct voltage and it’s still not working, chances are it’s fried. Usually, running 230v to a motor that’s set on 115v will cause a short across the windings. In that case, the motor needs to be replaced.

There is a chance that a capacitor blew. We’d recommend testing the capacitor. If that’s the issue, the capacitor can be replaced.

https://www.inyopools.com/Blog/test-pool-pump-capacitor/

Hello,

just tested capacitor with digital meter. On ohm setting. Started somewhere in the 2 range and went to 0 then OL. Does this mean capacitor is burned out? And if so what capacitor should I order for this motor? If that’s not the problem then I must have fried the motor. I real rookie move on my part.

It sounds like the capacitor is bad. It’s worth a shot replacing the capacitor. The start capacitor is part number 5270-14.

If my pool motor is 220v does this capacitor have to be as such 220? Or is the part number you gave me fine? It is 110 to 125v. Capacitor.

The voltage of the capacitor doesn’t need to match the input voltage of the motor.