Pool Pump Leaking

My pool pump is leaking at what appears to be the housing. It’s where the pump motor meets the strainer basket housing. Can this be replaced?

The housing can be replaced. Usually, the issue is a bad seal and not a cracked housing. What is the make and model of the pump?

It says A.O.Smith Corp. Volts 115/230 1 HP  Model st1102.  Thank you for the reply . Any help would be appreciated. If it’s the housing is it something I can do?

Good Morning , Any suggestions on my housing leaking? Do you think this is something I can do?  Thank you for any help. Karen

ST1102 is the model number of the motor. We need to know the make and model of the pump side.

Replacing the housing is not difficult if you’re comfortable with re-plumbing.

• A missing or damaged O-ring, or
  • The lid isn’t properly seated, which can be hard to do when water is trying to rush out. You can prevent this by cutting off all avenues of water from the pool - turn your filter to “closed”, and plug up the skimmer. I use a short length of hose from my pool vacuum - plug it into the skimmer like you would if you were about to vacuum, but hang the end outside of the pool instead of in the water. Or
  • You need to put more grease around your O-ring. Don’t use vasoline, or anything petroleum-based, as it will eat through the rubber of your O-ring. Though for a leak that severe, I doubt it’s just a grease problem. With not enough grease, you’d probably see something more gradual - this just looks to me like you either don’t have an O-ring at all, or your lid didn’t seat properly.