Pool pump motor

Hello… and thanks in advance for any help… I have a 12 year old pool… all original parts/pumps… yesterday the pump was running most the day then just shut off… it wouldn’t restart… looked at the external run capacitor and it had visible swelling and damage… I have replaced it once 5 years ago… replaced it today and same problem… the pump hums and the impeller turns for about 5 seconds and shuts off…I’m at the limit of my experience… it’s a AO Smith Century 2 speed 2hp pump type CXPM 60Hz SF 10.0/3.5 amps thermally protected motor… part # 7-193990-07 FR Y56Y 3450/1725rpm I hope that makes sense… what could be the issue.? Does this pump have a internal start capacitor…? I really want to fix this myself… any idea.? Also what motor could I use to replace the old one with should it come to that.? Thanks guys… Paul

There is a start capacitor in your motor. The capacitor is part number 610807-007.

If that isn’t the problem, you may have a bad phase winding. The motor would need to be replaced if that’s the case. The replacement motor would be model B2983.

1 Like

I have the same motor with part number  part # 7-193990-07 FR Y56Y.  The pump started getting loud over the last three week.  I believe that i need to replace the bearing.  Do you have the recommended part needed to get this job done.

The B2983 motor requires two of the 203 Motor Bearings - (10000353).