repairing a dolphin nautilus plus model 99996403-PC

I was given a practically new dolphin nautilus plus pool cleaner that is non-functional. The equipment is under warranty (I believe is was originally at the end of 2015 or in 2016); however, I have no purchase invoice. The power supply lights up when plugged in, but the robot (after connecting it to the power supply) does not move at all. The cable looks new with no marks. No indication that the cable was pulled. Inspection of the internal cable route inside the robot shows no damage. Filter area looks unused. Same goes for the  wheels. Movement of the wheels is not locked. It would seem the problem is in the sealed motor unit, the power supply, or the cable itself. Are there good diagnostic tools or recommendations to nail down the faulty item? I could use a tester on the power supply connector looking for the correct DC voltage (assuming is not a current limiting issue). To test the cable, I assume I will need to disassemble the cable from the motor to test the cable end to end. And then that leaves the motor…Any advice is welcome. Thank you

Hi Enrique,

Here is a Really Good Troubleshooting Guide for the AquaBot and the same principles would apply four your Dolphin. I’m thinking it is probably going to be a bad Power Supply or a bad Motor.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Thank you Patrick. Although similar, I was looking for something more tailored to the Maytronics unit. My plan is to try to eliminate the cable and the power supply via testing. If they seem fine, I can then invest on a new motor, which it seems will be worth worth it. For example, I need a pin layout for the amphenol connector showing what voltage readings should show up.

The cable has some sort of sealed white plastic cylinder more or less in the middle of its length. I’m not sure what it is, e.g., a splice, some sort of current-driven device? Are there any recalls for this unit, or improved parts associated with the cable?

I know the power supply is 24 vdc, so it has a xformer, a rectifier, and probably some filtering and current limiting circuit in it. I would assume it is item with the least probability for failures. Any comments?

Thank you again

Hi Enrique,

The most common parts we see going bad are the power center, plug on a cable, motor and pcb on motor.

Have you seen this Video on Repairing a Dolphin Pool Cleaner it’s about 15 minutes long and goes into troubleshooting the major components of the Dolphin Cleaner. It is worth the watch if you have not watched it yet.

Thanks

Patrick