Replacement Pool Pump for Century B849 1.5hp

Need help locating a good replacement pump.  The pump is 10 years old.  Is there a newer more effecient version.  I have two of these pumps and the one running my waterfall is locked up.  Once I determine a replacement the one running the pool will be moved to the waterfall and the new one will run the pool.

Thanks.

Hello ClaytonT - We do have an energy efficient option. We would recommend the PureLine Prime model PL2606. This is a variable speed pump with a total HP of 2.7. This will be a suitable replacement for your 1.5 full rated pump which has a total HP of 2.2.

That is a little more than I wanted to spend since I am also going to replace my salt cell.  Would this pump work?  What other parts should I replace when dealing replacing a pool pump?  Seal kit?  Diffuser?

A.O. Smith 1.5 HP, 56Y Frame, Up-Rate Motor (b2854, 717721624)

You said you wanted to replace the pump in your original statement. It sounds like you just want to replace the motor. The B2854 has a total HP of 1.65. This would not be a suitable replacement for the B849 (2.2 THP). We have a single speed energy efficient option,

Model B2842 would be the single speed energy efficient option. We would recommend replacing the seals when you replace the motor. What is the make and model of the pump? This will determine the seals.

Sorry I meant the motor.  I will get the pump information for you this evening when I get home.  Thanks for the help.

Anything else I should replace with the seals?

You have a Pentair Whisperflo pump.All that is normally needed is the seal kit. You can visually inspect the impeller and diffuser to make sure they are ok. The seal kit is GOKIT32. Use GOKIT32SALT for salt water.

Ordered!  Thanks for the help.

Great! Thank you for shopping with Inyo!