Replacement pool pump question - Jandy Stealth SHPF2.0-2

Hi, my pool pump has died. Originally there was a Jandy Stealth SHPF2.0-2 (HP 2.0) installed.  It died 7 years ago and was replaced with a Century B2841V1, which is 1.0 hp. This required that low speed was enabled to run the filter pump for both the spa and pool. That seemed odd to me, because it was not required on the old Jandy Stealth.

Going from 2.0 hp to 1.0 hp required that I have both filter pump and low speed turned on in order to have the pump run. I also did not care for the lower performance as I have a 42 inch waterfall. I would like to put something more powerful in, but at the same time have something that is energy efficient.

Would the Century variable speed ECM16SQU be a good replacement?

The ECM16SQU has a total HP rating of 1.65. This would match the total HP rating of your B2841V1 (1HP x 1.65SF). If you want to increase the HP rating, we recommend the ECM27SQU. That motor has a total HP rating of 2.7.

If you go with the ECM27SQU, you’ll want to upgrade the impeller. The impeller is part number R0807200.

What is the serial number of your pump? It will be located on the sticker that listed SHPF2.0-2 as the model. This information will determine the shaft seal.

I’ve read your posts, and it’s after S11FA0283. Thank you for the information. The pump started working again (we had had a lot of rain), but I’m going to assume it’s not going to last much longer. Will probably do a major overhaul this spring. Thank you.

Glad to hear its working again. When it comes time to replace the motor, the shaft seal would be part number 5020-087.