Replacement pump for pool

I need to buy a new pump for my 27’ above ground pool.  I am looking at this pump: Pureline 1.5 HP Pure Pro XL Pump, Above Ground Pool, Dual Speed, 115 Volt - PL1507 - INYOPools.com

I am hestitant though because I don’t know the brand. Has anyone used the PureLine pumps and do you have any feedback you could provide on them?  I’d really like a variable speed because my electric bill is through the roof with the current one speed pump.

Hi Megmull,

We have sold many of the PureLine above-ground pool pumps with good reviews from our customers. We do offer a 1-year warranty on this pump, so if you run into any issues you would work with us directly for warranty which makes the process easier than with other manufacturers. You will save on your operational cost by going with a dual-speed pump compared to a single-speed pump. This is not a variable speed pump, a variable speed pump will save you even more on your operational costs compared to a dual speed pump. If you decide to go variable speed then we would suggest this 1.5 HP PureLine Variable Speed Pump.

Thank you!  We did purchase this pump and paid for rushed shipping.  It works great when its on, however it leaks like a sieve when the pump is not on.  I turned it off last night and woke up this morning to the water being drained to the bottom of the skimmer level.  The leak is between the connection where the basket part connects to the motor section (sorry, don’t know the technical names).  Is this normal with this pump?  Is there an easy fix?