Replacing a Hayward Color Logic 12 years old

I have a Hayward Color Logic 12 years old. I see I can replace a bulb, but not much information about replacing a fixture? What exactly do I need to buy to replace this fixture? I dont believe I can use any of it and just replace a bulb.

What do I need and how much cost?

We’d be glad to assist you. What is the voltage of your light? How many feet of cord will you need? What is the outside diameter of the light’s faceplate?

Its 120V probalby atleast 50’ back to the pad. Face plate is stainless steel maybe 12" round?

The replacement ColorLogic light would be model SP0527SLED50.

My questioin - and wasnt clear was can I convert or remove this fixture and replace with a Pureline PureCOlors LED Pool bulb that you sell?

Also on the ColorLogic light would be model SP0527SLED50.   how long do these last in a pool. Have they upgraded to make them last longer without leaking?

Do you happen to know the part number of your Hayward niche? That will determine if the PureColors will fit.

They have made improvements to the ColorLogic. However, 12 years was a good run for that light. I wouldn’t expect the newer versions to last any longer.

I guess I will have to pull it out and see. The Color Logic only lasted about 5 years and I pulled it out, took it apart, dried it and RTV’ED the crap out of it and it lasted another year or so. Been dead in the water for a few years now.

There should be a label inside the pool niche. The Purecolors will fit the more common Hayward niches.

What is the total cost to convert? would you recommned? Sounds like a sealed ligh bulb would last longer than the color logic contraption?

The PureColors model PL5831 is the 120v light with 50’ of cord. The current cost is $389.99. These fixtures do seem to last longer than the Colorlogic style lights.

It has different colors you can set like the Colorlogic? Don’t need famcy light shows.

It does have several colors and light shows.