Salt System Problem

I have a Crystal Pure Salt system PL7700 that I purchased in June 2016. I am having issues with it this year.  It keeps telling me that my salt is low but when I take the water to be tested salt reading are at 4100 PPM.  I have cleaned the salt cell twice.   Is there a way to recalibrate the salt reading or do I need to purchase a new cell.  I would be disappointed if I needed a new cell since the replacement is a much as I paid for the complete system originally.

Thanks

Chuck

Hello Chuck - Unfortunately, the systems from 2016 can’t be recalibrated. Even if it could be recalibrated, it’s a temporary fix. There would still be a problem that needs to be addressed. The salt cell is usually the cause of the incorrect reading.

I replaced the cell today and I am still getting low salt readings.  My last water test showed the salt at 4000 ppm. Ant other ideas? Do I need to let it run for a while?

Yes, let it run for a couple of days. The salt reading is an average over time. It should slowly adjust.

So it’s been 3 weeks and I am still getting low salt readings even with the new salt cell.  The only way to get it to clorinate is to power off the unit and put it to super clorinate.  It works for a little while then I get the low salt warning again.  I test the water every few days.  salt reading from the pool store tests are currently at 3800, salt system shows 2400. Any other ideas how I can fix this issue?

Could you post the diagnostic readings? This may help us identify the issue.

Rob

I was never able to resovle this issue last year before I closed the pool.   A few weeks ago I purchased and replaced. both of the circuit boards for the system controller. Esentially I have replaced all the components at this point.  My salt readings are better and currently showing 3300 but when my pump shuts off the display then shows low salt and check cell lights. Had the water tested today and salt was 2500 with no cholorine. Do you have any suggestions?  should I just return everything and purchase a new system?

THanks

Chuck