Single speed to variable speed

I have a new (6 months old) Jandy FHPM2.0 FloPro single speed pump and my electric bill is running 300$ the month. I would like to convert it to variable speed. Is this possible? Is there a controller or should I change the motor?? Thank you.

Thank you for contacting Inyo. You could replace your single speed Jandy FHPM2.0 motor with model number ECM27SQU. The ECM27SQU is a 2.7 total HP variable speed motor. It has a built-in control.

We’d also recommend replacing the shaft seal when you replace the pool pump motor. The shaft seal for a Jandy FHPM pump is part number 5250-250.

I live in Ecuador. Do you export ?

Yes, we do export.

Can the controller of this motor also turn on my ozoner when the motor is turned on? If not how can I synchronize the ozoner with the motors cycles?

The controller for the ECM27SQU does have an AUX terminal. You could connect the ozonator to the AUX terminal. That way, it will turn on and off with the pump.

That is perfect.

I also have solar heating now and would like to put in a controller activated valve so that it will open up the flow through the solar panels when they have the correct temperature. If I have the pump running through its timer will it be possible to open the valve, or must there be no flow when the valve activates ??

What type of controller do you recommend with this system (ie Filter turbidex; pump ECM27SQU; Ozonator; solar panels) ?