spa pump

We are a commercial  fitness facility and we keep needing to replace the seal kit in our spa pump it last about 3 months any idaes on why this is happening?

My guess what be some kind of water chemistry issue. Maybe the pH is kept on the low side or maybe it’s a salt water spa. We would recommend going with a heavy duty shaft seal. The heavy-duty shaft seal should have Viton rubber, silicon carbide primary ring, and a silicon carbide seat.

Thanks, I am building maintenance and only help the pool guys on occasion. Lucky for me I dont deal with the chemicals lol, and when I suggest to them its Chemical issue, they tell me they cant do it any different. This time I noticed a kind of sticky residue inside pump area. It is the Heavy duty seal from you.

The sticky residue could be from silicone or teflon lubricant used on the o-rings. The o-rings do not need a lot of lubricant. They just need enough to make them shiny. The previously mentioned lubricants should not be used on the shaft seal, only the o-rings. Hopefully, no petroleum products were used on the seals. That would cause them to fail prematurely.

The sticky residue could also be caused by oils from bathers or a reaction of an algaecide with other substances.