Spa pump motor

Old motor has open winding, for a sundance optima spa. Need replacement. Old one 2.5 hp 2 speed with klixon Thermal overload protector and v switch and govenor with both start and run capacitor. It appears the B2984 comes the closedt to replacing this old motor. My question, old motor wiring diagram has red connected to A(low), black connected to Hi( L1), white common to (L2), do i connect red wire to low or high in new motor. Seems new motor doesnt have swith and govenor. Old motor ha no exterior switch to run high or low speed. This on control board at edge of spa. Hope you can assure me the B 2984 will work

Hello Larry - Can you post a picture of your motor label and a picture of the complete pump?

The motor is at shop right now. Will send pictures as soon as pissible. Thanks so much

1 Like

Hopefully you got the pictures

We did not receive the pictures.

Did you possibly get these pictures

No pictures were posted to this thread. Try emailing them to upload@inyopools.com

Put “Attention Rob” in the subject line.

I sent a new set of pics

You have an uprated 2.5HP 2-speed Sta-Rite Dyna-Max. The replacement motor is model SQS1202R. That is a 2HP 2-speed full rated motor. It will wire up the same way as your existing motor.