Variable speed pump replacement for Flotec AT251001-01

Hello,

I have a Flotec AT251001-01 1 HP 230V pump that is very loud. I would like to replace it with a variable speed pump. Which one do you recommend?

Also if you look into the piping in the picture below, it is tight to cut the pipe and have any remaining pipe to put the fittings for the pump. Is there any alternative like an adapter that wraps around the existing fitting, instead of the pipe? I would really like to avoid using heat to remove the pipe from the fitting.

Pool is about 18000 gal, 1 drain, 1 skimmer, 1 vacuum, 3 returns, 1 waterfall (3 x 18in wide). I normally have to shut down the returns to have enough pressure for the waterfall. I don’t know the exact measurement, but the pump is fairly close to the pool. I would say probably 20ft from skimmer to pump. Main drain may be like 35ft away from pump. It looks to me like most pipes are 2in, except for the returns line which looks like 1 1/2, I have not measured them.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hello Daniel - Thank you for contacting Inyo. I don’t know of a way to replace your complete pump unless you cut out the plumbing in front of the pump and replace those valves. If you do not want to replace the complete pump, you can replace the motor. The variable speed motor that would fit your Flotec pump is model ECM16SQU. The ECM16SQU is a 1.65HP variable speed motor.

If you decide to replace the entire pump, we recommend the PureLine Prime model PL2605.