500W Flood R-40 6.56" MOL (5.0" Dia.) 120/130-Volt - NA706



Part # NA706

By Seit

  4.72 Average  



Part # NA706

Alternate Part #'s 79102100, SPX504Z7

Product Description


This tandard flood lamp will replace a 500 watt 120v/130v bulb in many common pool lights including the Hayward Astrolite and Pentair Amerlite.  Our bulbs feature thicker filaments and glass along with heat shielding to extend bulb life.

  • R-40 medium base
  • 500 watts
  • 120/130 volt

* Dimensions may vary slightly


Remember when replacing your pool or spa light bulb it is very important to replace the lights lens gasket. After long use, heat, and harsh chemicals, the old gasket is probably compressed, and if it doesn't fail immediately, it might fail before the next bulb change. Click here for Pool Light Lens Gaskets

For additional pool & spa light bulbs

Product Specifications

500 W
120 V
R-40 Medium
Dimension A:
6-9/16 in.
Dimension B:
5 in.

?     Asked on 4/26/2019 by A. D.

Have a Hayward Light Fixture in an older in ground pool. The old bulb expired at the end of last season. Pulled it. It is a 'GE Pool Light, 500w, 120v' bulb. Does not say 'flood' on it. A label on the body of the light fixture says, 'Hayward Pool Products, Fix Mod: SP-583-L, Watts 500, Volts: 115, Bulb Type: R40. Will this bulb fit in my fixture?

A  Answered on 5/6/2019 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi A.D., Yes this is the proper replacement bulb for your Hayward SP0583 light. We would also suggest replacing your Hayward Lens Gasket when replacing your bulb. If you would like to upgrade to LED Color Changing then you can go with the PureLine PureColors LED Color Changing Bulb. We also have this Video on How to Replace a Pool Light Bulb which may help when you tackle this project.

?     Asked on 2/23/2019 by Nancy Vasquez

My bulb has a hole in the bottom of it and there is a copper wire that goes into it from the light housing. Can i use any bulb? I have never seen a bulb with a pinhole in the bottom. This is for an inground pool light. Thank you!

A  Answered on 2/24/2019 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi, Nancy. Please upload pictures of the fixture so that we can see what you're referring to and identify your fixture housing.

?     Asked on 3/16/2018 by Wayne

What is the lumen rating on this 500 watt bulb?

A  Answered on 3/16/2018 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi, Wayne. This bulb is rated at around 8,000 lumens.

?     Asked on 5/19/2017 by YURI

Do I have to drain the water from the pool below the light fixture (120V, 500 W) to replace the bulb?

A  Answered on 5/19/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi Yuri, No you don't need to drop the water below the light fixture to replace the bulb. We have a Video on How to Replace a Pool Light Bulb which shows this process.

?     Asked on 8/30/2016 by joe stiglich

will this bulb fit an Amerilite Spa light

A  Answered on 8/31/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Stacey M.

Hello Joe, this bulb goes to Pentair Amerlite Pool Light, please check Pentair 800-831-7133 just in case they changed housing/fittings

?     Asked on 8/20/2016 by Ken

I have an American Products Inground Pool Light with a Cn-5 submersible can. It originally had a 120v 400W bulb that finally burned out. Can I use a 500W replacement Bulb with a new gasket?

A  Answered on 8/25/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi Ken, Yes, you can replace the 400-watt bulb with a 500-watt bulb along with the Lens Gasket (79101600).

?     Asked on 7/3/2016 by Paula Cox

Currently have 500 Watt, 120 volt light (Astrolite SP0583L30). What LED light would be comparable to what I have now. Thank you

A  Answered on 7/5/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Alan M.

The Pure White LED Pool Lamp 120V or LED Pool Bulb Color Changing 120V 35W would both work with your existing pool light fixture.

?     Asked on 6/3/2016 by

light bul 120 v 500 watss can I replace for 120v/130 volts

A  Answered on 6/9/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi, Yes, This bulb can replace your 120 V 500watt R-40 bulb.

?     Asked on 8/12/2015 by Jim

What do i need to change from regular 500 watt bulb to an led bulb.

A  Answered on 8/13/2015 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi Jim, You would first need to confirm if your light fixture can use the J&J Electronics LED Pool & Spa Lights. You will also need to replace the lens gasket with the bulb.

?     Asked on 12/29/2011 by Guest

Will this light bulb work on a Hayward Astrolite?

A  Answered on 12/29/2011 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Yes, this bulb does work on Hayward Astrolite, as well as other makes and models of pool lights. The most popular of these lights being Pentair Amerlite, Hayward Starlite, Haward Duralite, and Sta-Rite SwimQuip Lights. Click here for a full listing of our >Pool Light Bulbs & Spa Light Bulbs.


Review Summary

 (Average 4.72  out of 5 stars)
14 Rating
5 star:
4 star:
3 star:
2 star:
1 star:

The Most Recent Reviews