Part # 340156
Availability Special Order
EQ Series commercial pumps are designed for maximum efficiency and quiet operation in every detail. They are the only non-corrosive, all plastic pumps designed exclusively for the commercial pool and water applications market. EQ Series Impellers are manufactured for true
breakthrough performance, allowing for lower loads and longer motor life. Available with and without strainer pot.
- Nema Premium Grade Efficiency Motors
- Commercial grade, non-corrosive Plastic Parts for durability and long life
- Self-priming under NSF standards; NSF listed with Hair and Lint Strainer
- Drop-in replacement for C Series Pump
- Compatible with variable frequency drives
- Waterfall models great for low head, high flow applications
- Easy cleaning and serviceability
- 50 hz model available - contact factory
- Close coupled for quiet, stable flow operation.
- Lightweight for easy, one-man installation.
- Cam and Ramp™ locking ring design with clear lid for added service convenience.
- 6" suction and 4" discharge with strainer pot.
- Closed impeller for long life and durability.
- Available in single- and three-phase models.
Materials and Design:
Pump Body = Volute type, back pull-out design.
- Port Size:
- 6" - ANSI 150 bolted flange suction port.
- 4" - ANSI 150 bolted flange discharge port.
- Material - Volute & Motor Adapter
- 6061 Aluminum design, slotted for mounting ease.
Hair and Lint Strainer
- Separate bolt-on Noryl body with plastic basket, Lexan lid, and stainless steel bolts.
- 6" ANSI 150 bolted flange suction and discharge ports.
Pump Maximum Limits
Liquid Temperature: 104º F
Ambient Air Temperature: 104º F
Motor = Standard JM type
- Frame Size
- NEMA "C" flange. 230/460V are open drip-proof design.
- 303 Stainless steel construction.
- 3 to 15 HP, 3500 RPM, JM open drip-proof, continuous duty, three-phase and single-phase (5 and 7.5 HP only).
- Double shielded, single row, deep groove type, permanently lubricated.
- Thermal Overload Protection
- All models require external thermal overload protector.
- Power Supply Required
- Three-phase pumps are 208 - 230/460. 3, 5 and 7.5 HP single-phase models are available in 230V, 60 Hz only.
- Install pump in a cool, dry, well vented location away from pool
heaters, and chemical storage.
- Pump should be firmly mounted with pipe supported to prevent
vibration and undue operational noise.
- Allow 12" minimum clearance behind motor for servicing.
- Motor overheating may be caused by a voltage drop or
excessive voltage. Be sure that wire size and voltage input is
- The recirculation pump shall be a self-priming, centrifugal
design with a hair and lint strainer as shown in the plans.
- The pump body, seal plate, and attached hair and lint strainer
shall be constructed of non-corrosive Noryl® materials, and
close-coupled to an electric motor by means of an adaptor of the
same material. The pump body shall have a single suction port
with a 6" ANSI 125 bolt flange to the hair and lint strainer.
A centerline discharge port of 4" ANSI 125 bolt flange and a
winterizing drain port of 1/4" NPT shall be a part of the design.
- The pump shall be a back pull-out design to allow servicing
without disturbing piping. The pump shall have a Noryl® diffuser
to aid in priming and it shall contain a replaceable bronze wear
ring for the impeller. The impeller shall be of the closed type and
Noryl®, non-overloading at any point on the performance curve.
The mechanical shaft seal shall be constructed of ceramic and
carbon seal faces, with stainless steel, brass and Buna N
materials in the spring bellows portion. The impeller shall be
secured to the motor shaft by means of a stainless steel key
and locking screw into the end of the motor shaft. The pump
shall be capable of operating at up to 50 psi, 104° F continuous
- The electric motor coupled to the pump shall be of the NEMA
series JM construction with stainless steel shaft inside a
removable shaft sleeve of 300 series stainless steel. The motor
shall be of an open, drip-proof design (unless otherwise
specified) with double shielded, single row, deep groove ball
bearings. Motors shall be continuous duty rated at 40° C
(or better) ambient and be suitable for outdoor installation.
Hair and Lint Strainer:
- The pump strainer shall consist of a Noryl® body, Lexan® cover
with O-ring seal, and Cam and Ramp™ locking ring, and a strainer
basket of mineral reinforced polypropylene material.
- The strainer body shall be 6" ANSI 150 bolt flanged suction and
discharge ports. The strainer body shall have a removable drain
plug for winterizing.
- The strainer basket shall be securely positioned below the suction
inlet of the trap, with access for inspection and cleaning through
a removable trap body lid. The trap body lid shall be secured
by means of a Cam and Ramp™ locking ring. The strainer
basket shall have a perforation which in total open area is 98