Model # 009242
Model # 009242
Warranty 1 Year
Manufacturer Code P-R337AL-EN-C #26
Alternate Part #'s 009242, P-R337AL-EN-C #26, RAY009242
Digital control with liquid crystal display (LCD) for temperature selection and heater settings
This Limited Warranty does NOT apply;
1. if the product has been moved from its original place of installation, or if the original
owner no longer owns the property where the original installation was made;
2. if the product is not properly installed with a pool or spa by a qualified licensed installer in
accordance with applicable local codes and ordinances, good trade practices, and the
manufacturer’s installation instructions;
3. if the rating plate(s) or serial number(s) are altered or removed;
4. if the product is modified in any way, or non-factory authorized accessories or other
components are used in conjunction with the product;
5. to damage, malfunctions or failures resulting from failure to properly install, operate or
maintain the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions;
6. to damage, malfunctions or failures from abuse, act of nature, accident, fire, flood, freeze,
lightning or the like;
7. to damage, malfunctions or failures resulting from [or due to] connected system control
8. performance problems caused by improper sizing of the heater or electric service
voltage, wiring or fusing;
9. use of any attachment, including any energy saving device not authorized by the
10. to damage, malfunctions or failures from misuse or neglect, including but not limited to,
freeze-ups, operating the heater with the cabinet door off, having flow restrictions or
obstructions between the heater outlet and the pool/spa, or not maintaining a proper
chemical balance (PH level must be between 7.4 and 7.8 and total alkalinity between 100
and 150 PPM. Total dissolved solids (TDS) must be no greater than 3000 PPM)
how far does the pool heater have to be from the house - huntington ny
For U.S. installations, the point from where the flue products exit the heater must be a minimum of 4 ft below, 4 ft horizontally from, or 1 ft above any door, window or gravity inlet into any building. The top surface of the heater shall be at least 3 ft above any forced air inlet, or intake ducts located within 10 ft horizontally
How do I know if it is cupro-nickel? The only difference I've seen is in the title. The product descriptions are the same between this heater and the #010132
Hello Kristen- There are two places you would see the differences the first would be in the product name where it lists it as a cupro-nickel and the other would be in the model number which ends in an "x" which is the designation for the cupro-nickel models.
What is the difference between an Electronic and Millivolt ignition?
The basic answer is that Millivolt is the old style of ignition, using a standing pilot light. While the electronic ignition uses a spark start system like a gas grill. Electronic ignitions are more efficient in gas usage and also are better suited for high wind areas where a pilot light might get extinguished.
Will a gas heater operate at the low speed of a dual speed motor?
Probably not - Most gas heater will shut off at low GPM levels (20-40) to keep the heater cores from overheating - 20 for 200 BTUs, 40 for 400 BTUs. Depending on your pool system you might get these GPM levels at the low speed but generally these heaters must be run at the motor's high speed.
4 to 8 hrs
Screwdriver, Pliers, Socket Set, Wrench Set, Adjustable Wrench
1. Close valves (gas and water) to/from old heater and open breaker to heater.
2. Disconnect plumbing and electrical connections at the old heater.
3. Physically remove the old heater.
4. Place the new heater where the old heater was.
5. Measure/lay out new plumbing connections.
6. Modified the pvc lines and black iron lines as necessary from existing valves to new heater.
7. Landed electric at proper terminal in new heater.
8. Clean up.
9. Turn on water through heater to check for leaks in pvc.
10. Use soapy water on black iron to check for leaks on gas line.
11. Turn on heater and test operation.