Weir, Flap Assembly (85001500)



Part # 4060-11

By Custom Molded Products

  4.72 Average  



Part # 4060-11

Manufacturer Code 85001500

Dimensions 8" x 5"

Alternate Part #'s 51-110-1232, 59200234, 850015, 85001500, AMP-251-1260, AMP2511260, PEN85001500

Product Description


Product Specifications

8 in.
5 - 1/8 in.

?     Asked on 4/6/2020 by John M

I have a 20 year old American Products skimmer which is fine except that the weir (see image) sometimes get stuck partially closed. What I need to know first is how to remove the weir without breaking the two plastic pins on which it hinges.


A  Answered on 4/7/2020 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi, John M. To remove the weir, rotate the weir until it's at an angle to where it can be pushed free from the tabs. 

?     Asked on 5/16/2019 by

can I get this 8 x 5 1/2

A  Answered on 5/18/2019 by InyoPools Product Specialist Michelle B.

Hello, Can you please provide any part numbers off of your current skimmer? (basket, lid,weir gate etc. Once I find the model number of the skimmer, I will be able to recommend the correct parts for your skimmer.

?     Asked on 7/29/2017 by Kent

I need to replace a weir door which is 8 and !/16 X 5. The info on your product shows a length of 8 in one place and 8.14 in another. 8 would be good. I don't know if 8.14 will fit. Can you tell me what the actual measurement is please. Thanks. Kent

A  Answered on 7/29/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi, Kent. This weir is 8-1/16" H x 5-1/16" W x 3/4" T. 

?     Asked on 7/17/2017 by Mike

Team...I have a Pentair 85001500 skimmer door and need the end pins to refasten it. Do you all carry those pins? Appreciate the help!

A  Answered on 7/17/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi, Mike. The Pivot Tab - 85017500 are available as a separate part. 

?     Asked on 6/24/2017 by Richard

In 2012 you say the rounded side of the weir goes towards the pool and in 2016 it says the flat side goes towards the pool. I think the round side goes towards the pool but I can't figure out how to get the pins in the slots. It does go in with the flat side out though. Thank you

A  Answered on 6/25/2017 by Product Owner

The Weir can only go in one way and you need to put it in from the waterside I actually had to be in the pool to do this you put it at an angle and the two pins just clip into the holes on the weir hope that helps

?     Asked on 6/22/2017 by Frank

I am in need of two Weir Flaps for our school pool but only have one. The one that I have is 8 1/2" x 5 1/8". I cannot seem to find one that will fit. Can you suggest what I should use as a replacement? Thanks in advance for your help.

A  Answered on 6/25/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Hector F.

In your instance, we would recommend to try and locate a part number off of the skimmer lid, basket or even weir door if possible then call in providing that, for we may be able to cross reference those parts using that information. If you cannot locate this information then please send in a few images of the skimmer and these parts providing dimensions to

?     Asked on 5/24/2017 by nathan

the door is exactly eight inches,does it come with the springs and pins or post that snap into the holes??

A  Answered on 5/25/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi Nathan, Could you send us a couple of photos of your set up to

?     Asked on 8/3/2016 by Val

My skimmer brok the tab that stop the weir , does this impair the function of the skimmer ?

A  Answered on 8/9/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Alan M.

The skimmer door, or weir, is designed to float upright when the skimmer basket is full of water and then pull down and back towards the basket drawing water and debris into the basket. If the tab that stops the basket from falling forward is broken, this can effect the operation of the skimmer.

?     Asked on 7/23/2016 by

How to install. Does the flat part goes to the pool?

A  Answered on 7/24/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Alex V.

Hello, Yes, the flat part would be facing the pool.

?     Asked on 7/20/2015 by D. Reilly

received replacement part for skimmer (flap ) There is a piece of styrofoam attached to piece should I remove it? Was this styrofoam there for shipping ? Thank you

A  Answered on 7/20/2015 by InyoPools Product Specialist Hector F.

These flaps sometimes have a piece of this styrofoam attached to it as part of the design. These help to keep the flap surfaced.

?     Asked on 5/11/2015 by Paul

How does this attach to the skimmer?

A  Answered on 5/11/2015 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

You lower it in to the skimmer with curved side down and the attach points faced away from the pool.  Then slide the flap assembly towards the pool until the attach points snap onto the pins.

?     Asked on 5/3/2015 by Alan

How do replace this flap assembly? I have the new part but I don't know how to install it.

A  Answered on 5/3/2015 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi Alan, Here we have A Guide With Video On How to Replace a Pool Skimmer Weir Door. I beleive this should help you out quite a bit.

?     Asked on 9/25/2012 by Guest

When installing this weir which side goes toward the pool and which goes facing the skimmer.

A  Answered on 9/25/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

The smooth side goes toward the skimmer, and the curved side goes toward the pool. Take a look at the parts breakdown link for the American Admiral to get a better how idea on how it is supposed to look.


Review Summary

 (Average 4.72  out of 5 stars)
7 Rating
5 star:
4 star:
3 star:
2 star:
1 star:

The Most Helpful Review

The Most Recent Reviews