Part # 25280-300-000
Alternate Part #'s 25280-300-000, 25280300000
POWERclean ULTRA Off-Line Chlorinator
I am looking at off-line chlorinator and was have had a couple Hayward fail and heard about these..Would this be a good fit for a in-ground pool around 20K.
Hi, Mark. Yes, this unit will be sufficient for a 20K in-ground pool.
Which is better in controlling the pool chlorine level? In-line or off-line? I have a two speed pump that runs all the time. Thanks.
There is not an advantage to controlling chlorine with either the in-line or off-line models. The chlorine levels are regulated by the control knobs that increase or decrease the amount of chlorine administered.
I have a Hayward chlorinator and have had lid issues with all of them... how is this unit different and will I have the same issues. The lid or cap will not close and water leaks out of it.
Barbara, Have you replaced the o-ring? The o-ring is usually the cause of leaks. You will have the same issue regardless of manufacturer since chlorine is very corrosive.
Does this unit use the same size tubing and fittings as the Hayward CL220 which is what I have now but am not happy with?
Hi Bob, The POWERclean Ultra Off-Line Chlorinator uses larger hose than comparable brands like the HaywardCL220. The Chlorinator hoses are 1/4" larger.
The control valve has indicators of 0, .5 and 1. What is the correlation to how much chlorine is sent to the pool?
The most standard way to use the usual 99 percent trichlor tablet is based off of the 1 tablet per 5 thousand gallon ratio. As long as you follow that standard then you can have the chlorinator at max output which in this case is 5.
Less than 1 hr
Screwdriver, Nut Drivers, Pliers, Drill
1) Place unit on pad near the pump for permanent location
2) Mark where 4 holes are to be drilled into concrete pad
3) Use concrete drill bit size appropriate for the concrete screws you use
4) After drilling holes, place base over holes making sure that it is facing in the proper direction to allow the chlorinator to flow properly
5) Locate where you are to attach the lines into your existing plumbing.
6) Using a 3/4" drill, drill the respective holes, making sure that you clear all the debris away from hole and any that fell inside the pipe.
7) Attach the heavy duty clamps provided. I used the additional clamp adapters so that it would fit over the smaller pipe.
8) Attach the lines as instructed, making sure that you don't overtighten anything.
9) As a final note, make sure that the cap on the chlorinator has enough clearance from your pipes, that you can unscrew it without having to take everything apart. I made the mistake, not accounting for the little "wings" that were on the cap. I ended up having to relocate the chlorinator so that I would have proper clearance.
10) It works great, with no leaks!
(5 out of 5 stars) Best Chlorinator I've had
Reviewed By: John H. from Marietta, GA ()
Pros: Easy to open; easy to use
This was an easy and quick installation. I like the clear window so I can tell when I need to re-charge it. It is easy to open. These are things I did not like in my previous chlorinator.
(5 out of 5 stars) Like it a LOT better then Hayward I replaced
Reviewed By: ()
I have had 3 Haywards and all start having issues after 2 years. One cracked and all have had issues with the lids. This seems better built and has a lot bigger feed and return line. My only complaint is the directions aren't clear; had 2 different types of ends and I had to go to the company site to see which one to use :) But would recommend and buy again (if I ever need to again).
(5 out of 5 stars) Solid unit. Well built. Easy to install and assemble.
Reviewed By: ()
This is a very well made chlorinator. I have yet to get it going, but I am impressed with the build quality. The glass window will make it easy to see when I need to reload the chlorine tablets. The flow control feels solid, and the site glass will make it nice to see the rate of flow. Make sure you identify all the parts first. It didn't really come with assembly instructions, but it's not rocket science.