Part # 5271-83
Manufacturer Code 1011431-001
Dimensions 9" L x 6" W x 6" D
Alternate Part #'s 10111431-001, 1011431001
End Cover Switch Assembly - 1011431-001
Metal end cover with toggle switch for 2-speed motors. Toggle switch provides Lo, Off, and High functions.
Directions for connecting 1011431-001 to AO Smith STS dual speed motors:
All references to terminals of the terminal board are in quotes
1. Remove and store black lead from the low speed terminal of toggle switch assembly. (this black lead may be scrapped or stored for later use if changing back to original setup).
2. Remove black lead from "A" and connect to low speed terminal of toggle switch assembly.
3. Remove yellow lead from "L1" and connect to "A" (where black lead was removed in step 2).
4. Connect yellow lead from hi speed terminal of toggle switch assembly to "A” on top of terminal board.
5. Connect purple lead from common terminal of toggle switch to "L1".
6. Before replacing motor canopy, be sure all leads are properly placed to prevent damage from governor and/or canopy.
7. Connect power to L1 and L2.Toggle switch will now control whether either high or low speed are used.
Do I need this switch assembly to operate the hi-lo on my tub controls
Dan, it depends on the configuration of your equipment. I suggest getting in touch with our technicians for the best advice on this. Please send us a photo of your equipment configuration to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief description of the part you are looking for and our techs will advise.
Does this end cap with switch fit the STS1102rv1 pump motor? I wish tech support had mentioned this part when I bought my pump motor!
Hi, Rod. Yes, this is the correct End Cap w/ Toggle Switch for the STS1102RV1 motor.
Per your instructions for 1011431-001, step #1, there was no black lead from the toggle to discard and there is no yellow lead from the toggle for step #4.
The wiring instructions we have for the End Cover Switch Assembly (1011431-001) part # 5271-83 are directly from the MFG. I would contact A.O. Smith/Century if you need further instruction (800) 262-6484.
Less than 1 hr
Screwdriver, Pliers, Socket Set, Wrench Set
After receiving a 2-Speed motor, I realized that the only ways to actually use the two speed capabilities was to install another timer unit or a manual switch. The switch was much more cost effective.
I am an avid DIY'r and have no problems digging into electrical as long as I get sufficient accurate information. This switch intimidated me a little, but I found complete step-by-step installation instructions on InyoPools.com.
I printed them out, took them to my workbench and followed them exactly. They were VERY clear and easy to follow. Before long, I had a fully functioning 2-Speed motor. Thank you InyoPools.
Btw, I also rebuilt my Hayward Super II pump and my Baracuda MX8 pool sweep using the same resources. InyoPools - you are awesome.