Model # NA225
This commercial-grade 1 1/2" vac hose features full flow, smooth inside walls, and an extra heavy duty outer construction that resists concrete scuffs and tears. The swivel cuff eliminates the aggravating kinks. Backed by a 4-Year Warranty
We have trouble with the hose collapsing near the pump. Will this hose be strong enough not to do that??
Hi. This hose is strong and is durable, however, the pump's hp will determine if the hose collapses.
More than 8 hrs
Screwdriver, Nut Drivers, Socket Set, Adjustable Wrench, Cordless drill
1) I bought 2 Deluxe Inground Vac Hose 1 1/2 inch x 50 foot to make my 85 run.
2) I bought a 1.5" Vacuum Hose Connector Adapter with a slip male on both sides of the fitting. This will connect the 2 hoses together in the middle of the run
3) Use hose clamps at ever hose connection making sure there no problem. 2 hose clamps for the middle fitting. 1 clamp on the sump pump. And 1 clamp on a 2” X 3 feet long pvc pipe that enters the sewer hole. This makes it easier to keep the hose inside the sewer clean out hole
3) I used a 1/4hp sump pump that came with a hose fitting
4) I used 550 cord so I can maneuver the pump while it’s in the water without putting stress on the power cord.
5) Put loops in the 550 cord so you can anchor the pump at different depths. Or put it in the bottom of the pool to begin with. I found that the pump worked better at shallow depths due to less head pressure.
6) Turn on pump and check connections for leaks
At this time you auto top off and your panel should be in service mode so your pump doesn’t turn on while draining.
Also remove the floats from inside the skimmers so water can flow out of pipes with ease
Open your cartridge filter air relief and the lid of return pump and any other pump you may have.
You will also have to relive air pressure where the main pool return pump is located. As the pool drains past the skimmers and pool water returns, there will be an imbalance of pressure and put stress on rubber seals.
Draining a pool should be done during the coldest time of the year (winter). The Sumer sun will dry out the pebble tec lining of my pool and stain the pebbles with waterlines
You will have to periodically hose down the pebble tec lining with a hose to keep it moist
As the pool empties you can scrub calcium off of tiles
Once the pool drained I turned on auto top off and manual water fill valve. Then I drained the hot tub. I filled the hot tub back up with a garden hose.
I had a super high amount of cya due to the use of 3” chlorine tablets. This is what worked for me and caution should be used it you have a plaster pool and a high water table
You could always pay a professional and take notes on how he drains your pool so you can do it the next time around.
(3 out of 5 stars) Bad swivel cuff
Reviewed By: ()
I bought 2 of the 50 foot hoses to drain my pool. Backwash hoses sprung too many leeks for my neighbors liking. The one end of this hose has a swivel cuff and pooped off after a couple minutes of pressure. I glued back together with pvc glue and it worked out fine. The second hose also started leaking at the swivel cuff and I had to pvc glue that one also. Besides the swivel cuff, the hose is awesome especially with a smooth inner wall This hose probably wasn’t made to be attached to a sump pump and you might you may have better luck just using the hose as vacuum hose. I will stay away from swivel cuffs in the future.