If your filter’s pressure has suddenly dropped or your suction cleaner no longer picks up debris, a clogged pool pump impeller may be the cause. In this guide, we show you how the clear debris from your pool pump’s impeller
Things you’ll need:
- Pliers or Wrench
- Pipe Cleaner or Metal Coat Hanger
Steps to removing a stubborn impeller
- Turn off the power for the pump at the breaker box.
- Separate the motor and drive assembly from the pump housing by removing the set of seal plate bolts.
- Remove the diffuser; it may be held in place by a couple of tabs or screws.
- Use a wire hanger, pipe cleaner, or your tool of choice to remove any debris from the impeller’s vanes.
- Reassemble the pump by attaching the diffuser, then remounting the motor assembly to the pump housing.
- Return power to the pump by resetting the breaker.