In this guide, we teach you how to repair a pool jet return. This guide also works if you are switching out eyeball sizes to adjust the water flow.
Reasons to Replace Your Return Jet Eyeball
- Broken or Damaged
- Aesthetics – want to change color or escutcheon
- A change to eyeball size, to adjust the flow capacity of your return.
What You’ll Need…
- Channel Locks
- Inlet Removal Tool (Necessary if replacing the whole fitting)
- Your choice of eyeball replacement
How To Replace A Pool Return Jet Eyeball
- Turn off your pool pump
- Use channel locks to loosen/remove the lock-ring
- Remove old eyeball
- Place the new eyeball into the jet’s lockring, re-screw lockring into place