In this video, we demonstrate how to shock a pool with granular chlorine. These easy-to-follow steps will ensure that chlorine is added correctly and that no damage is done to the pool or yourself.
Note: Instructions and dosages may vary between pool shocks. We strongly recommend reading all instructions before adding granular chlorine shock to the pool.
Dos and Don’ts of Shocking a Pool
- Dissolve granular chlorine shock in a bucket of water.
- Add shock while the pump is running.
- Pour dissolved shock directly into the pool.
- Brush up any undissolved shock that settles on the floor of the pool.
- Do not mix granular chlorine shock with any other chemicals.
- Do not pour shock mixture into skimmer. It could have a bad reaction with the chlorine in a tablet feeder.
- Do not swim for 24 hours or until the chlorine level has resided to a normal level (1-4 ppm).