Century 1.0 HP Round Flange 56J Dual Speed Full Rate Motor - STS1102RV1



Part # STS1102

By Century Motors

  4.75 Average  



Part # STS1102

Warranty 1 Year

Manufacturer Code STS1102RV1

Alternate Part #'s STS1102RV1

Product Description

Voltage 230, High Speed HP = 1.0 Low Speed HP = 1/6, Max Amps @ High HP = 7.0 Max Amps @ Low HP = 2.3, Dual Speed, Round Flange, RPM @ High Speed = 3450 RPM @ Low Speed = 1625, Threaded Shaft, Frame = 56J Used on the following Dual Speed pump models: Hayward Max Flow, Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Super II, Hayward Northstar and Jacuzzi Magnum pumps. 


Motor Dimensions Motor Dimensions
Motor Image Motor Image

Product Specifications

Motor Name:
1 HP STS1102 &STS1102RV1 Replacement Pool Motor
1/ .25 HP
3450/1725 RPM
230 V
7.0/2.3 amp
Service Factor:
Total HP:
1.5 HP
Stock #:
STS1102 or STS1102RV1
Overload Protector:
Dimension Letter:
12 - 1/2 in.
Commonly Used On:
Hayward Max Flow, Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Super II, Hayward Northstar and Jacuzzi Magnum
California Title 20 Compliant

?     Asked on 6/18/2019 by Jason

I have a Jacuzzi Magnum Force pump - 1HP (1.25SF) Volts 230/115 RPM 3450 Amps 7.0/14.0 Hz 60 X56J. Can I replace this with a dual speed motor? Which one would be best to replace it with? Also, would I need the dual speed switch? How does a dual speed pump work? How do you set which speed to use with a timer?


A  Answered on 6/18/2019 by InyoPools Product Specialist Matt S.

Can you provide a close-up and clear picture of the motor label so that we can verify the correct motor series?

?     Asked on 6/4/2019 by sid

I’m looking for a full rated single speed 1hp replacement motor for superpump 56j. Rather not use up rated motor. I don’t see full rated motors except on the dual speed. Does Inyo sell a 1 speed full rated motor? Can a dual speed motor be used on hi rpm setting 3450?

A  Answered on 6/4/2019 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi Sid, We do carry the ST1102 1 HP Full Rate Single Speed Replacement Motor for the Hayward Super Pump. You will also need a Hayward Super Pump Seal Kit when you replace your motor. We put together this Video on How to Replace a Pool Pump Motor which you may find helpful when you tackle this project.

?     Asked on 8/7/2017 by Ed

Hello I have an AO Smith 1 HP dual speed pump (part #7-177102-05) on a separate timer that's gone bad. Can I replace that with a single speed pump and if so what model would you suggest? Thanks.

A  Answered on 8/9/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi, Ed. You can replace your dual speed motor with the Century UST1102 standard or the UCT1102 energy efficient motor. 

?     Asked on 5/13/2017 by

is a motor controller necessary for single speed operation

A  Answered on 5/13/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Hector F.

There is no need for a motor controller for using a single speed motor. Just the timer.

?     Asked on 7/12/2016 by Chris

can you replace a dual speed motor with a single speed motor i have a sp2607x102s and if so what part#

A  Answered on 7/16/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi Chris, The UST1102 motor is the correct single speed replacement for the SP2607X102S pump. I will also recommend getting the Hayward Super Pump Tune Up Kit GOKIT3 or GOKIT3SALT.

?     Asked on 2/6/2016 by J

I own a Hayward Super Pump. The motor is 2 speed and making noise during both operation modes. I suspect that it's the bearings b/c of an audible buzz. Here's what the motor label says: SP1607Z2MSC Part 7-177102-05 SF=1 HP=1.0-.16 RPM=3450/1720 FR=M56J PH=1 Volts=230 Can you point me in the direction of a bolt on replacement. I was also planning to buy the saltwater tune up kit.

A  Answered on 2/8/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi J, Based off of the information provided the A.O. Smith 3/4 H.P Round Flange Dual Speed Full Rate Motor (STS1072R) and the Hayward Super Pump Saltwater Tune Up Kit (GOKIT3SALT) will be the correct parts needed.

?     Asked on 5/12/2012 by Guest

I have a Hayward Supper II single speed 1 1/2 HP pump. What do I need to consider to replace the single speed motor with a dual speed motor?

A  Answered on 5/12/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Check the SF on the old and new motor. The product of the SF and HP has to match. If your old motor has a SF of 1.0, its actual HP is 1.5 (1.5 HP x 1.0 SF). If that's true you should replace it with 1 HP dual speed motor (STS1102). With a SF of 1.5, its actual HP is 1.5 (1.0 HP x 1.5 SF). Also be aware that you will have to buy a hi/lo switch. It is not provided with the motor.

?     Asked on 1/19/2012 by Guest

I'm trying to replace the motor on my pool pump but all these numbers and abbreviations on the motor label are really confusing me. What do they mean?

A  Answered on 1/19/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Replacing a pool pump motor is not as difficult as it seems. You can try looking here. If you need help figuring out what the information on your label means. If you are still having difficulty figuring it out you can call us at our toll free number or you can send us a photo of your motor label here.

?     Asked on 1/18/2012 by Guest

How can I tell whether or not my motor is a dual or single speed?

A  Answered on 1/18/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Most dual speed motors will have a toggle switch that will allow you to adjust the motor speed to either high or low. Another way to tell if your motor is dual speed is by looking at the RPM's on the motor specifications label. If there are two RPM's listed such as: 1725/3450 then motor is dual speed. If there is only one RPM, then motor is single speed.

?     Asked on 1/18/2012 by Guest

I'm trying to find a replacement motor for my pool pump but my model number doesn't match what you have listed as the model number. My model number begins with a C48 and yours begins with an SP. Please help.

A  Answered on 1/18/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

What we have listed on our chart pages is the pump model number. The model number you have will just identify the motor. If you look on the plastic housing on the pump there should be a sticker which will have the pump model number. You can usually find this by the discharge port on the pump. Once you locate it you can choose the correct replacement motor. Be certain to change the shaft seal and gaskets as needed. You can use our >How to guide if you need help. 

?     Asked on 1/18/2012 by Guest

Can you direct me to the proper hi low switch for this motor?

A  Answered on 1/18/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Unfortunately the manufacturer does not offer the switch for the 2 speed 220v motors any longer. If you already have a 220 volt timer (on/off) you would need an Intermatic T106R to switch from high to low speed. If you do not have a timer currently you would need the T10604R which is a 220v on/off timer and a high/low timer.

?     Asked on 1/12/2012 by Guest

Why should I purchase a Tune Up Kit?

A  Answered on 1/12/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

A Tune Up Kit includes all of the essential replacement seals and gaskets for the pump. The seals and gaskets should be replaced when installing a new motor on your pump. New seals will prevent the pump from leaking water or losing the prime. A Tune Up Kit will protect your motor and ensure that the pump is working efficiently.

?     Asked on 1/12/2012 by Guest

Why do I need to purchase a new shaft seal?

A  Answered on 1/12/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

We strongly recommend replacing the shaft seal. The purpose of a shaft seal is to prevent water from running down the shaft of the motor and into the motor housing. Water will damage the bearings and cause the motor to fail. A new shaft seal should be installed whenever a motor is replaced. The motor manufacturer can deny the warranty if the motor fails to due to water damage from a faulty shaft seal. To find your shaft seal you will need to visit our Pool Pump Parts Page or the Spa Pump Parts Page and select your make and model.

?     Asked on 1/11/2012 by Guest

What is Service Factor?

A  Answered on 1/11/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Service Factor(SF) is a multiplier that when multiplied by the horsepower of the motor indicates the total permissible horsepower loading that may be carried when the motor is operating at rated voltage and frequency. The most important thing to remember when replacing a motor is that the replacement motor's horsepower times its service factor must be equal to or greater than the original motor's horsepower times its service factor. The Service Factor rating can be found on the motor label. See Step 4 of our How to Read a Pool Motor Label guide.

?     Asked on 5/16/2007 by Guest

Can you replace single speed pump motor with dual speed pump motor?

A  Answered on 5/16/2007 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Yes but you can't go with a higher HP than the single speed motor. For example if you have a 1 HP single speed you cannot go with a 1.5 HP dual speed motor; you would be able to use a 1 HP dual speed motor. Customer would need to purchase a toggle switch or timer to switch from high speed to low speed.


Review Summary

 (Average 4.75  out of 5 stars)
8 Rating
5 star:
4 star:
3 star:
2 star:
1 star:

The Most Helpful Review

The Most Recent Reviews