Model # NY408
BLUE WAVE SHOCK TREATMENTS
These powerful 1 lb. bags are your secret to a successful season! Swimmers, rainfall, sunlight, and leaves deplete chlorine's ability to sanitize your pool. Shock “burns" or oxidizes these contaminates and replenishes the chlorine level in your pool. Shocking actually restores your chlorine's “fighting power" and makes it safe to swim again.
Did you know that those noxious odors, skin irritations, and eye-burning problems are not usually the result of too much chlorine? In fact, there is likely not enough chlorine to oxidize the organic matter. Blue Wave shock is the only solution!!
For a trouble-free season remember to shock:
-Once every other week under normal conditions
-Once a week during prolonged periods of warm weather, heavy rainfall, and heavy bather loads
FAST-DISSOLVE CHLORINE SHOCK WILL NOT BLEACH VINYL LINERS!
Zap organic pollutants, bacteria, and algae with this powerful shock treatment. This unique, quick-dissolving formula does not require pre-mixing and will not cloud your water or bleach your vinyl liner. Burst is alo pH-neutral, so it will not affect pH levels, cutting down on the expense of balancing chemicals. Super strong 56% available chlorine. Active ingredient: Dichlor. 1 lb. treats 10,000 gallons.
|Pool Volume in gallons||Amount of Shock needed weekly if pool is clear||Amount of shock needed if pool is green|
|10,000 gallons||1 lbs.||2 lbs.|
|20,000 Gallons||2 lbs.||4 lbs.|
|25,000 Gallons||2.5 lbs.||5 lbs.|
|30,000 Gallons||3 lbs.||6 lbs.|
|35,000 Gallons||3.5 lbs.||7 lbs.|
|40,000 Gallons||4 lbs.||8 lbs.|
*Always follow the manufacturer's recommendations/directions located on the product container.Store any un-open bags in a cool and dry location
Click here for more Pool Shock
Following chemical treatment, how long do I have to wait before I use my pool?
With the exception of superchlorinating (which requires waiting until the chlorine level drops to recommended levels), you can generally use your pool when the chemical is dispersed throughout the pool. Fifteen minutes to one hour is a good rule of thumb.
I'm looking for pool shock to sanitize my drinking water. Will this work?
I have heard of people using pool shock to sanitize drinking water but I can not promote the use of any pool shock for this purpose. You will want to contact the NSF for further information.
I constantly have an algae build up around my pool steps. All my levels seem to be in range. Is there something I'm missing?
I would recommend aiming the return fitting downward and towards the steps. This should help circulate the water around the steps better. I would also recommend brushing down the pool and using a chlorine shock.
How soon after shocking can I go into the pool?
I would recommend shocking the pool in the evening, the pump and filter should run all night. You should be able to resume swimming the following day as long as the chlorine is within an acceptable range (2-4 ppm).
I shocked my pool this morning, how long do I have to wait before i can swim?
When you shock the pool, you want to do so in the evening time and let the filter run over night. After shocking, it is recommended to wait at least 10-12 hours. You will want to test the chlorine level to ensure that it has fallen back to within range (3-5 ppm).