Part # 3622-0

Manufacturer Code R40FL500/HG

Dimensions 6.5" X 4.75"

Alternate Part #'s 070525, 23494107R, 3013150, 3013948, 3018834, 3018890, 3019028, 346000003, 500R/40/5/FL, 614503, 70525, 79102100, AJG30602, AMP3018834, P03475, R0450504, SP504Z7, SPX0504Z7, SPX504Z7, 57-555-1000, HAL104042, SPG-301-7675, SPP-1251

Product Description

Bulb, 120v 500w Flood - R40FL500/HG


?     Asked on 5/21/2016by Inyo Visitor

I have a switch activated outdoor light fixture above my garage. . Can I use this bulb?

A  Answered on 5/22/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Alex V.

Hello, I would not recommend this bulb for non pool/spa use. You should be able to source a replacement bulb at a hardware store.

?     Asked on 4/26/2017by John C Brooks

I need a bulb for my swimquip pool light 120V. I would like a LED and need a spa size and standard size. Thnaks

A  Answered on 4/26/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Scott W.

Unfortunately, we do not have an LED replacement bulb for the SwimQuip lights at this time. 

?     Asked on 5/22/2018by Cliff

What is an LED repl;acement for this 500w 130v bulb Bulb, 120v 500w Flood (r40fl500/hg)

A  Answered on 5/22/2018 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi, Cliff. The LED bulb that we have are specific to the fixture model, not the bulb style. If you can provide the fixture model I can confirm if we have a compatible LED fixture. 

?     Asked on 4/28/2019by Brian

I need a replacement bulb for my colorlogic pool light (spo0580) - would this bulb work?

A  Answered on 4/28/2019 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi, Brian. This bulb will work with the Hayward Astrolite SP0580 Series 120 volt fixture. It is not compatible with the Colorlogic fixtures. 

  • Commented on 4/29/2019 by Product Owner

    So could you tell what replacement bulb would work?

    • Commented on 4/30/2019 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

      Hi Brian, the part # you listed of SP0580 is for the Hayward Astrolite however your original questions says Colorlogic which is a different part #, normally Colorlogic stars with SP052 or SP053. Please confirm if you have the Astrolite or Colorlogic. The colorlogic is a LED color changing light is your light LED color changing? If you have the SP0580 Astrolite then you can use a screw in style bulb like this but we would need for you to confirm the voltage and wattage of your bulb which should be on the face of the bulb. If you do have the color logic light then that has an integrated PCB light driver which is not replaceable and you would need to purchase an entire new Color Logic Light Fixture.

?     Asked on 5/2/2020by JoshK.

We would like a replacement LED coloring changing bulb for the following: Purex Corporation, Model 100-5, Forming Shell 125, Lamp F40, 500W, Type 120. Do you have some options? Thanks


A  Answered on 5/2/2020 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi Josh, We would suggest this 120V LED Color Changing Pool Bulb


Est. Repair Time

Less than 1 hr

Tools Needed

Screwdriver, Socket Set

1     0

Blown bulb

Written on 6/1/2021 by Guest

After removing the light from the niche. I set it on the pool deck after unwinding the wire rapped around the light. I unscrewed the nuts on the back of the housing. Once all screws , washers and nuts are remove and set aside use screwdriver t separate the lens from housing. Unscrewed the blown bulb. Replaced with new bulb (use a cloth or glove to handle new bulb). Be sure to replace the gasket before reassembling.

Were these instructions helpful? 


Review Summary

 (Average 4.25  out of 5 stars)
4 Rating
5 star:
4 star:
3 star:
2 star:
1 star:

The Most Helpful Review

The Most Recent Reviews