Model # 700
Alternate Part #'s AB700, HAY-20-700, HAY700
The big fish in pool cleaners!
Pool cleaning just got better with Hayward’s newest and cutest above-ground cleaning couple, Diver Dave™ and Wanda the Whale™. Both provide easy, trouble-free operation without the need to empty or replace debris bags. Using our patented SmartDrive® programmed steering system, These above-ground pool cleaners won’t miss a spot – gobbling up everything from microscopic dust to larger debris. And they do so automatically, giving you and your family more time to enjoy your pool.
Plus, Wanda the Whale improves water circulation by acting as a moving main drain, pulling water from the bottom of your pool as it moves. Your water circulates and your pool stays cleaner – without the overuse of chemical sanitizers.
In the tradition of the AquaBug, the new Hayward family of above-ground pool cleaners are designed to clean the bottom of all sizes and shapes of above-ground/on-ground pools - automatically. These attractive little fellows operate off the pool`s existing filtration system and feature our exclusive SmartDrive® program steering so it won`t miss a spot.
Wanda the Whale and Diver Dave will keep your pool clean, so you'll never see a need to manually clean your pool again. Let them Swim In Your Pool Today!
• Trouble-free operation.
• Never a need to empty or replace debris bags.
• Because they work with your existing filtration system, no extra energy-consuming booster pump is required.
• Installs in less than 10 minutes—even the hoses.
• Above-ground pools (flat or dished bottoms)
• On-ground pools
• Patented SmartDrive programmed steering system ensures the entire bottom of the pool is cleaned quickly and completely
• Installs in less than 10 minutes, without tools
• Unique turbine/gearing system provides constant balanced water flow assuring quiet operation and gentle movement across the pool bottom
• Improves water circulation by pulling water from the pool bottom as it moves
• Advanced, contoured head design allows the AquaBug to complete the steering pattern in minimal time
• Deluxe bumper ring minimizes friction for easy movement away from walls and resumption of the programmed steering pattern
• Slotted santropene shoes for quick turns
• 1 year warranty
Tips on Hose Requirements
• A simple rule of thumb is to measure from the skimmer (or dedicated suction line) to the farthest point in the pool then add two (2) extra hose lengths.
• 1 Year Warranty On All Components excluding wings, shoes, flaps.
Click here for more Hayward Navigator
How many feet of hose come with this cleaner and how do I determine if I need extra hose?
This cleaner comes with 32' of hose, the hoses come in 4' sections. A simple rule of thumb is to measure from the skimmer (or dedicated suction line) to the farthest point in the pool then add two (2) extra hose lengths. If you determine you need additional hose you may purchase the hose sections here http://www.inyopools.com/Products/02201321001333.htm
What size or strength does your pool pump need to be for Hayward to work?
Rod, To operate the Hayward Diver Dave Automatic Swimming Pool Cleaner you need at least 32 GPM flow rate or a 3/4 HP pump.
(5 out of 5 stars)
Reviewed By: Donna R. from Rosemead, CA ()
Diver Dave was the best investment I have ever spent. He has become my new best friend. He cleaned my pool in 3 hours, (it was in very bad shap.)and now it lookes like the day I put it up. Great job buddy.
(5 out of 5 stars) Fun Hayward vacuum that works great!
Reviewed By: Linda T. from Ridgecrest, CA ()
Pros: Cute, fun product
Diver Dave sure makes ya smile when getting ready to put him to work. Plenty of hose to get the job done. So far I've only put him in to give him a try & he appears to be a busy lil guy. All parts were there & easy to put together to get operational fast.