By Rainbow Products



Part # R172288

Dimensions 5.5" L x 3" W x 3" D

Alternate Part #'s 172288, 4514039, 43-196-1056, PENR172288

Product Description

Special corrosion resistant 1 1/2" & 2" slip spring check valve used to check back flow of fluids, air, etc.  Use with chlorinators to prevent equipment corrosion from chemicals.

  • 2 lb spring
  • Full free flow design
  • Special spring and seal for corrosive applications
  • Enclosed spring ensures free operation
  • Can be mounted in any position

Product Specifications

2 in.
2 lbs.

?     Asked on 11/26/2006by Guest

I'm installing an in-line chlorinator, and the instructions say to use a "corrosion-resistant positive seal check valve" to prevent backflow of concentrated chlorine into the heater. Is this the proper valve? Are there others? I was hoping for the union check valve, but this appears to not have that. Also, I have 1.5" piping...the text says 1.5" and 2", but I don't see a way to order 1.5".

A  Answered on 11/26/2006 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

This would be the check valve they speak of in the owners manual for your chlorinator. This is the only check valve which is corrosion resistant and will hold up against the high concentration of chlorine near the chlorinator, unfortunately this check valve is only available without unions. Lastly this valve can accomodate 1.5" plumbing or 2" plumbing, if you have 1.5" plumbing your pipe will slip on the inside of the valve and if you have 2" plumbing your pipe will slip on the outside of the valve.

?     Asked on 4/15/2009by Guest

Can you please provide me the dimmensions for this valve as I have limited space in my plumbing to install?

A  Answered on 4/15/2009 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

This valve accepts either 1.5" or 2" plumbing and measures 7.11 inches long.

?     Asked on 4/3/2018by Jason KING

I purchased a hayward 140K heater from INYOPOOLS. I need a check valve to protect the heater from the salt cell when installed. I have 1 1/2 piping. I wanted to be able to inspect and change out the valve when needed. Do you have unions that would attach to this valve or another comparable corrosion valve that can be inspected. Thanks

A  Answered on 4/3/2018 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi, Jason. Unions are not available the to attached directly to this check valve, you will have to use a small piece of pvc to connect this check valve to this 1-1/2" Union - 400-4000 on both ends. We do have other Corrosion Resistance Check Valves that are available. 


Review Summary

 (Average 4.82  out of 5 stars)
11 Rating
5 star:
4 star:
3 star:
2 star:
1 star:

The Most Helpful Review

The Most Recent Reviews