Model # R171096
Warranty 1 Year Warranty
Alternate Part #'s 42-196-1035, PENR171096
Spend more time enjoying your pool and less time on maintenance. The Rainbow 320 inline chlorinator is the simple and reliable way to sanitize your pool. Plumb this unit inline with your pool or spa return line, fill with chlorine or bromine tablets, and set the control valve to the desired amount - it's that easy. No more putting harsh chemicals into the skimmer which can harm your pool equipment. No more swimming with a floating dispenser in the way. The corrosion-proof Rainbow 320 canister holds 11 large (3 inch) or 98 small (1 inch) slow-dissolve Trichlor or bromine tablets. Bottom feed design can also be drilled and tapped at the top of unit for increased chemical dispersion.
* Note: Consult your local authority to determine their guidelines if needed. Results may vary due to pool/spa equipment and many other factors.
Is there a feedback mechanism that tells the unit the chlorine balance in the pool? Is this a way for me to automate addition of clorine to keep it always at the correct level? Or, just another place to put the tab aside from the the drain basket?
There is a dial on this unit which has a setting from 1-10 If you set the dial on 1 it will be letting the least amount of chlorine to the pool and if you have it set at 10 this would send the most amount of chlorine to the pool. So you can automate the feed of chlorine to the pool but you will still need to manually test your water. We do not recommend placing tablets in the skimmer basket because this high concentration of chlorine goes directly back to your pump and can cause corrosion to your pool equipment. If you do not go with the automatic chlorinator we would recommend at least going with one of our floating chlorinators so you do not damage your equipment you may view our floating chlorinators here http://www.inyopools.com/chlorinators_floating.aspx
What is the difference between an inline and offline chlorinator?
An inline chlorinator would be plumbed directly inline with the plumbing. For an existing pool, this would mean a section of pipe would need to be cut out to install the chlorinator. An offline chlorinator attaches to existing plumbing by chlorinator tubing (holes would be drilled into existing pipe to attach the tubing.)
Can I buy parts for model 320 chlorinator? The seal has gone bad for the screw off top.
I have a 320 auto cholinator tank fills all the way up and overtop, pool chlorine very high, setting at 1, what causes this ??
More than 8 hrs
saw, sand machine, small hand triangular sand tool, glue
Salt system worked well for 8 years then have replace flow sensor twice then salt cell. Parts started to get expensive.
I got Rainbow 320 inline chlorinator and Blue Works Dummy bypass cell
1) Measure the size of Jandy salt cell
2) Cut the Blue Works dummy cell with the proper size adding the chlorinator to match exactly the Jandy cell
3) I have to sand the outer of the tread on the blue cell (both treads) to match the diameter of the outer diameter of the tread of the Jandy cell. I have used sanding machine gently to reduce the diameter evenly in both treads.
4) During the sanding process I tried several times to connect to the Jandy treading connector at the pipe Jandy connector in the pool equipment to make sure it was a perfect fit.
5) I had to use a small triangular hand sanding tool the to deep the tread on the dummy by pass cell tread. It was a process of patience until it reaches the perfect fit. When tie it up to the jandy connector.
6) The step 5 was repeated to the other tread of the dummy cell
7) Now inserted both parts of the dummy cell on each side of the chlorinator and adjust to perfect match of size of the Jandy salt cell
8) Mark with pen the correct position for the pipe in the rainbow 320, now remove both sides.
9) Apply glue and insert one side of the dummy cell cell into chlorinator
10) Repeat for the other side
11) Wait the glue to dry
12) Place the dummy cell now that has a Chlorinator and tie up the Jandy connectors.
13) try the pump on and observe o leaks.
1 to 2 hrs
pvc cutter and glue
I shut down the pump and relieved the pressure on line.Due to it being a chemical I also wanted to install a 2 inch check before the chlorinator.When u do this make sure valve is chemical resistant.After a coupling was used I tied in the chlorinator..Then glued in the last coupling.I let it set and started it up after adding 5 3 inch tabs.I started it on the lowest setting and went up from there.It works great!! I saved nearly300.00 by ordering it from INYO supply.
(4 out of 5 stars) Excellent product and would recommend
Reviewed By: Nick from Ft. Worth, TX ()
Pros: I swapped an 11 year old version with this one and it fit perfectly. Didn't have to do any PVC cutting, etc
Cons: Black plastic tube that connects the unit to the main water line is very rigid. I had spend a lot of time trying to prevent the line from kinking.
If you want to stop putting tablets in your skimmer baskets then this is the product for you. It has adjustable flow from the main water line to the tall tablet container. This allows you to dial in the ammount of chlorine during the season. Just keep the tablet container full and during up the chlorine during the summer and lower the ammount during the winter. Install was easy for me because I was replacing an 11 year old unit. The old unit still worked except the black connector tube broke a couple years back. I could have bought just the tube but for the price I just decided to get a new unit. I forgot how much I liked the Rainbow once I started using it again. I have pool maintenance, which I do myself, so this took a good chunk of the work out of maintaining the pool