Model # 009243
Warranty 1 Year
Manufacturer Code P-R407AL-EN-C #26
Alternate Part #'s 009243, P-R407AL-EN-C #26, RAY009243
Digital control with liquid crystal display (LCD) for temperature selection and heater settings
This Limited Warranty does NOT apply;
1. if the product has been moved from its original place of installation, or if the original
owner no longer owns the property where the original installation was made;
2. if the product is not properly installed with a pool or spa by a qualified licensed installer in
accordance with applicable local codes and ordinances, good trade practices, and the
manufacturer’s installation instructions;
3. if the rating plate(s) or serial number(s) are altered or removed;
4. if the product is modified in any way, or non-factory authorized accessories or other
components are used in conjunction with the product;
5. to damage, malfunctions or failures resulting from failure to properly install, operate or
maintain the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions;
6. to damage, malfunctions or failures from abuse, act of nature, accident, fire, flood, freeze,
lightning or the like;
7. to damage, malfunctions or failures resulting from [or due to] connected system control
8. performance problems caused by improper sizing of the heater or electric service
voltage, wiring or fusing;
9. use of any attachment, including any energy saving device not authorized by the
10. to damage, malfunctions or failures from misuse or neglect, including but not limited to,
freeze-ups, operating the heater with the cabinet door off, having flow restrictions or
obstructions between the heater outlet and the pool/spa, or not maintaining a proper
chemical balance (PH level must be between 7.4 and 7.8 and total alkalinity between 100
and 150 PPM. Total dissolved solids (TDS) must be no greater than 3000 PPM)
Will a gas heater operate at the low speed of a dual speed motor?
Probably not - Most gas heater will shut off at low GPM levels (20-40) to keep the heater cores from overheating - 20 for 200 BTUs, 40 for 400 BTUs. Depending on your pool system you might get these GPM levels at the low speed but generally these heaters must be run at the motor's high speed.
What is the difference between an Electronic and Millivolt ignition?
The basic answer is that Millivolt is the old style of ignition, using a standing pilot light. While the electronic ignition uses a spark start system like a gas grill. Electronic ignitions are more efficient in gas usage and also are better suited for high wind areas where a pilot light might get extinguished.
I have a 14 Year old Raypak 2100 (P-R405AL-EN) Pool/Spa heater. BTU/HR Input is 399,000 Natural Gas. The decal on the front reads LoNoX but looking at the circuit board, I can clearly see that the LoNoX jumper is installed.
Question: Which Replacement Heater do I need? I believe I need the (P-R407A-EN) Since the jumper is left installed on circuit board, I'm curious whether I can use the R406A model. Just want to be sure that I get the correct replacement.
Hi, Is this heater a good replacement for a Jandy LX400N-L? Does it support automation from a Jandy Aqualink RS as well as dual temperature for pool and spa? Thanks!
Hi, JY. This Raypak heater can be used to replace the LX400N-L unit. It has a Pool & Spa mode and will be able to be controlled by the AquaLink RS system.
2 to 4 hrs
Screwdriver, Pliers, Wrench Set
Replacing an old Raypak gas heater. I first had to dismantle the old heater and remove it. I changed some of the gas connectors. First thing that I did was connect the gas line to the heater once that was done, I connected the water lines to the heater and lastly did the electrical connection. The replacement was not very hard because I was replacing Raypak with Raypak. This Raypak heater is much stronger and I am able to heat the water much faster than the old one. I have inground around 30000 gallon pool and I am able to heat it in few hours. I am very happy with this new heater.