Part # NA706
Alternate Part #'s 79102100, SPX504Z7, HAL104042
POOL & SPA REPLACEMENT LIGHT BULBS
This tandard flood lamp will replace a 500 watt 120v/130v bulb in many common pool lights including the Hayward Astrolite and Pentair Amerlite. Our bulbs feature thicker filaments and glass along with heat shielding to extend bulb life.
* Dimensions may vary slightly
POOL & SPA LIGHT LENS GASKETS
Remember when replacing your pool or spa light bulb it is very important to replace the lights lens gasket. After long use, heat, and harsh chemicals, the old gasket is probably compressed, and if it doesn't fail immediately, it might fail before the next bulb change. Click here for Pool Light Lens Gaskets
For additional pool & spa light bulbs
Will this light bulb work on a Hayward Astrolite?
Yes, this bulb does work on Hayward Astrolite, as well as other makes and models of pool lights. The most popular of these lights being Pentair Amerlite, Hayward Starlite, Haward Duralite, and Sta-Rite SwimQuip Lights. Click here for a full listing of our >Pool Light Bulbs & Spa Light Bulbs.
What do i need to change from regular 500 watt bulb to an led bulb.
Currently have 500 Watt, 120 volt light (Astrolite SP0583L30). What LED light would be comparable to what I have now.
I have an American Products Inground Pool Light with a Cn-5 submersible can. It originally had a 120v 400W bulb that finally burned out. Can I use a 500W replacement Bulb with a new gasket?
Less than 1 hr
Screwdriver, Pliers, Wrench Set
Since I was in the middle of emptying the pool due to chlorine lock, only using 3" chlorine tablets for past eight months, I decided to repair the pool light, water leaked into light shorting the circuit and causing GFCI to trip, did not replace gasket last time I replaced bulb, my bad. Before tackling the job find a few videos to watch to help visualize how to do it!
1. Emptied pool, only because I had to for another reason, there is no need to empty pool to repair the light, the cord should be long enough to put the light on the deck.
2.Turned off breaker to pool electrical and removed light to pool deck
3. Using a 3/8" wrench for bolt head and 7/16" wrench for nut removed retaining ring
4. Used flat blade screwdriver to loosen seal and separate lens gasket from light housing
5. Carefully unscrewed bulb, bulb had hole burned through at base
6. There was corrosion and rust in socket so poured CLR into socket and let soak for 15 minutes rinsed with water, towel dried and left it in the sun to dry for three days while I did tile repair
7. Inspected socket, then using electrical contact burnishing tool to remove oxidation on the bulb contact, installed new bulb, turned on breaker to electrical, turned on light for a few seconds to insure light worked
8. Removed old gasket from lens and cleaned lens
9. Installed new gasket on lens, the gasket is the same on front and back so just install it on the lens
10. Replaced badly misshapen retaining unitension wire, put light housing on the deck with the bulb facing up, put the lens with gasket on housing being sure to center it and make sure half moons on lens are pointed toward bottom of light, place face ring on gasket being sure to center it, make sure the retaining clips are evenly spaced around face ring, place the unitension wire on the clips with the bolt loops facing down, put the bolt into the loop pull loops together with channel locks install washer and nut. Tighten nut until loops touch
11. Install light into pool housing putting slot on bottom of light over the retainer at the bottom of the pool housing, push light flush with pool wall and install the single screw at the top.
(5 out of 5 stars) Great Bulb, super bright.
Reviewed By: Inyo Customer ()
Very Bright, fit perfectly in American Products R-500 BC. Just remember to replace that seal too if it's over a few years, and put some silicone lube on that seal, otherwise, poof! No more bulb.
(5 out of 5 stars) Great Job!!!
Reviewed By: Inyo Customer ()
Best Price and fast shipping with GREAT Tracking!!! (USPS) You will see all over the web that the Bulb almost ALWAYS breaks. Sure enough - it did!!! They quickly sent me a replacement Bulb - but when it arrived it was a 300 watt instead of a 500 watt!!! Very quickly they sent me the REAL 500-watt bulb. This all took place in about 10 days. GREAT JOB!!!