Side Mount 1 1/2" Valve for Sand - SP0710X62



Part # SP0710X62

By Custom Molded Products

  5 Average  



Part # SP0710X62

Alternate Part #'s 27514-154-000, SM1-HPX62, SP710X62

Product Description

This is an After-Market replacement Valve by CMP for the Hayward Vari-Flo XL multiport control valve. This valve is made of quality materials and engineered for maximum flow at lower pressure drops will be the choice in multiport valves. It will retrofit any filter that has an SP071113 valve that needs replacement and upgrading. Does not include clamp and o-ring.

This valve features an easy-to-use lever-action handle that lets you "dial" up to six valve/filter functions: filter, backwash, waste, rinse, closed or recirculate. Complete with an integral sight glass that lets you see when the backwashing cycle is completed.

Control Valve Functions

  • Filter - For normal filtering and regular vacuuming
  • Backwash - For cleaning filter sand bed of accumulated debris
  • Rinse - Use after completing backwash cycle to ensure all dirty water is rinsed out of the filter to waste
  • Waste - By-passes the filter for draining or lowering pool water level and for vacuuming heavy debris directly to waste line.
  • Recirculate - Water is recirculated through the valve by-passing the filter
  • Closed - Shuts off the flow from the pump to the filter
  • Winter - For winterizing (SP0714T only) 
  • 1 year warranty 

Product Specifications

Plumbing Size:
1 - 1/2 in.
Hayward Pro Series Side Mount Sand Filters
Valve Type:
Valve Location:
Side Mount

?     Asked on 5/30/2021by Rodrigo T. Del Rosario

Does this SPO710X62 come with a pressure gauge or is there an area to screw in a pressure gauge? What type of UNIONS do I need to make easier connections . My PVC pipes are 11/2 inch in diameter. What else do I need to make proper connections in replacing the side mount multipart valve and so it would also be easier to disconnect in the future? E.g. adapters, elbows, unions? This will be my first attempt to replace the multipart valve and I'm not plumbing savvy. Thank you.

A  Answered on 5/31/2021 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi Rodrigo, No the pressure gauge is not included you will require this Pressure Gauge. We would suggest these 1.5" Quick Disconnect Unions to make removal of your valve easier.

?     Asked on 5/26/2021by Joel Collins

I need a variflow valve for my brand new hayward s310s. Does this fit that filter? I currently have 1.5" lines plumbed to an old filter that I am replacing, but the current valve is not the right size for the new filter. Thank you

A  Answered on 5/26/2021 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Yes this is the correct replacement valve for the Hayward S310S filter.

?     Asked on 4/30/2021by Francis Miller JR.

Hi I need to replace my Purex Triton Valve will this one work I have a Sand Filter I.5" pipe


A  Answered on 4/30/2021 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi Francis, This is NOT the correct valve for your filter in your photos. It is hard for me to tell if the plumbing going into the valve ports is 1.5" or 2" (you should be able to read the pipe size on the male adapters going into the valve). If you have 1.5" then you will need this 1.5" Valve for Triton II Sand Filters and if you have 2" then you will need this 2" Valve for Triton II Sand Filters.

?     Asked on 5/1/2020by Bryan T. Kovacs

Hi There. I have 1.5" Hayward Multport valve (Side mounted on the Sand Filter) that is leaking. I can't read what model # it is. The Sand Filter I have is Hayward Pro Series S224S model. Is the Hayward SP0710X62 the correct Multiport Valve?? Thanks. Bryan......

A  Answered on 12/10/2020 by InyoPools Product Specialist Hector F.

Hi Bryan, yes this is the correct multiport valve for the Hayward Pro series sand filter model S244S that uses 1.5-inch lines. The model for the same valve but that uses 2-inch lines is part number 4802-01F.

?     Asked on 7/8/2019by Frank Migliaccio

Looking to purchase a new Vari-Flo Valve. The current valve is Model (SP)710 , Serial number 120F24, Patent number 3640310. What one should I purchase?

A  Answered on 7/18/2019 by InyoPools Product Specialist Matt S.

Unfortunately, only the manufacturer can identify their products by a serial number. If you cannot read the letters and digits after the SP710 on your valve, then I suggest looking on the filter tank tag for its model number. Once we know the model of filter, we can identify the SP710 valve model it requires.

?     Asked on 6/18/2018by sharon

can I use valve sp 0710x62 with my de 3620 filter haywrd

A  Answered on 6/18/2018 by InyoPools Product Specialist Hector F.

No, this valve is specifically designed for a sand filter. For the DE3620 you would need key 30 listed on the parts diagram here. There are both generic and manufacturer versions.  

?     Asked on 4/30/2018by Reg

What side mount will fit my old micron waterco 500 sand filter

A  Answered on 5/1/2018 by InyoPools Product Specialist Hector F.

For the Waterco Micron SM500 filter, the listed side mount valve is part number 4696-001 listed on the parts diagram here. Please review it to confirm that is your filter model. Also, those valves look to be a special order which can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks on the average. 

?     Asked on 5/31/2017by Inyo Visitor

I think I need a SP0715X62 valve for my Hayward S244SLV sand filter. Am I correct?

A  Answered on 6/1/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi. Yes, you can use this SP0715X62 valve with the S244SLV sand filter.

?     Asked on 5/29/2017by Eric

I have a pac-fab SP -710 Sand valve how do I find a replacement for this valve??

A  Answered on 5/30/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Steve M.

Hi, Eric. The SP0710XALL is the valve used with the Pac-Fab model filters.

?     Asked on 6/2/2016by Lynn

I have a sta rite sand filter 9462405-1 and I need a to replace the multi port valve 1 1/2" side mount. Will the hayward sp0710x62 work?

A  Answered on 6/11/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi Lynn, The Hayward valve will not fit the Sta-Rite Sand Filter. I was not able to cross reference the number provided to a specific filter so you will have to provide photos or the model number of the valve you have.

?     Asked on 6/4/2015by O.V.

I have a S-24 Hayward Sand Filter that I need a New Backwash valve for. The only markings on the valve are (S-200-D). The filter was installed in 1985. Can you tell me what valve model I need to fit my filter.

A  Answered on 6/7/2015 by InyoPools Product Specialist Alex V.

O.V, Does the filter tank have bolts around the middle of the tank? If so, you will need the Hayward SP0710X32 valve if you need a 1.5" valve.

?     Asked on 5/3/2015by Inyo Visitor

I have a sp710 valve side mount 1.5 inches for sand. I can't find any parts for sp710. I am looking for the key cover and handle.

A  Answered on 5/3/2015 by InyoPools Product Specialist Alex V.

Hello, Yes we carry parts for the SP710 Hayward valve.

?     Asked on 4/24/2015by Ed Sutton

Do you have Parts #SP710x62 1.5 Vari-Flo Control Valve for Model S244S?

A  Answered on 4/26/2015 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi Ed, Yes we do carry all the Parts for the Hayward SP710X62 Valve here.

?     Asked on 1/31/2012by Guest

I need parts for my filter valve. When I look at the filter parts breakdown, it gives me different choices. How do I know which one is the one I need?

A  Answered on 1/31/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

In order to locate the correct parts we will need to know the model number of the filter valve. Two identical filters can have two different valves. Typically the valve model will be located on the label of the valve. If there is no model number on the valve, you can try to see if there are any part numbers on the valve itself. Once you've located you valve model you can check out our >Filter Valve Parts.


Review Summary

 (Average 5  out of 5 stars)
3 Rating
5 star:
4 star:
3 star:
2 star:
1 star:

The Most Recent Reviews