Pentair Sta-Rite Dura-Glas and Max-E-Glas Pump Body - C153-53P1



Part # 5056-17

By Pentair Pool Products

  5 Average  



Part # 5056-17

Manufacturer Code C153-53P1

Dimensions 6.95" X 10"

Alternate Part #'s 351021379, 40800, 5056-17, 788379734879, C15353P1, C53-23P, C5323P, STA1013714, 35-102-1379, PENC153-53P1

Product Description

Sta-Rite Dura-Glas & Max-E-Glas Pump Body (c153-53p1) (c53-23p)

Commonly Used On:

  • STA-Rite HPA and Seablue BPA
  • Sta-Rite JWPA Series
  • Sta-Rite Dura-Glas and Max-E-Glas
  • Flotec AG Pump, Models FP6022, FP6042
  • Sta-Rite Dura-Glas and Max-E-Glas Traps

?     Asked on 11/2/2021by Steve Zeck

For a P2R-A5YF (pre 2000) this seems like a compatible part? My bolt holes are 3 1/4 or 3 5/16 a part, 3" center hole and outside of flange 4 1/2 square?

A  Answered on 11/2/2021 by InyoPools Product Specialist Rich N.

Yes Steve, this Sta-Rite Dura-Glas & Max-E-Glas Pump Body (c153-53p1) (c53-23p) will fit your DURA-GLAS P2R pump.  We also have this Trap Assembly - PKG115 available, which includes a strainer, the strainer lid, body gasket and screws, and strainer gasket.

?     Asked on 7/2/2021by Janae

I am needing to replace our pool pump strainer pot that was cracked during our winter storm in February. I have included a picture of our pool pump (Century). I am told this is the part that would replace the old strainer pot. Would this fit with our pump?


A  Answered on 7/2/2021 by InyoPools Product Specialist Craig C.

Hello Janae.  The Pentair Pump Body part number C153-53P1 is the correct replacement part for your pump.  You may also wish to replace the gasket, pot to volute, part number c-20-103-r at the same time.  Gasket, Pot To Volute (c-20-103-r) - G-99R

?     Asked on 5/9/2020by Jeff Fisher

Does the C53-23P come with the square (valute?) gasket?

A  Answered on 12/8/2020 by InyoPools Product Specialist Hector F.

Hi Jeff, this trap body strainer does not come with a gasket. The part number for it is 5050-21R

?     Asked on 7/23/2019by plate

Where I can find a housing that connect strainer to pump motor. It has a crake. I need find a replacement. My Strainer is good but plate connect has a crake


A  Answered on 7/23/2019 by InyoPools Product Specialist Hector F.

You can view all of the replacement parts for your Sta-Rite Dura-Glas and Max-E-Glas pump by clicking here

?     Asked on 8/2/2018by Saul

Can I get the union that connects it to pvc? What is the part number? And is it 1.5in or 2in?

A  Answered on 8/3/2018 by InyoPools Product Specialist Hector F.

These housing ports are 1.5 inch and the unions that we carry that I would recommend are part number 9175-91.  

?     Asked on 2/20/2018by Inyo Visitor

Do the bolt holes line up the same as a 354125 strainer pot? I need a replacement and apparently they are no longer available.

A  Answered on 2/20/2018 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi. Unfortunately, this Strainer will not replace p/n 354125.  

?     Asked on 8/2/2017by Rubber ring

Is it possible to order ved rubber ring kode C53-23P?

A  Answered on 8/4/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi. The following gaskets and o-ring can be used this housing, Pot To Volute Gasket -  C-20-103-R, and Trap Cover O-ring - 435

?     Asked on 6/8/2017by Blaine

I need a motor for a sta-rite pump number p2ra5c rotation 1e00y c53-23p. Is there a motor that fits . All I have is the pump. Thanks

A  Answered on 6/8/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi Blaine, the proper replacement motor for your p2ra5c pump is this USQ1052 1/2 HP Replacement Motor

?     Asked on 6/1/2016by Morgan Rettele

May I just buy the strainer basket without the body trap? If so, what is the part number for the strainer basket and the price of the part? Thanks, Morgan

A  Answered on 6/1/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Alan M.

You sure may buy just the strainer basket! As long as you have a Sta-rite Dura-Glas or Max-E-Glas pump, the correct strainer basket is the Basket, 5" Trap (c108-33p).

?     Asked on 4/16/2016by Will

I need this part and the gasket and drain plugs that fit it. What are the part numbers ofor the gasket and drain plug?

A  Answered on 4/18/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi Will, The Pot to Volute Gasket, Strainer O-ring and Drain Plug can be used with this Strainer Trap Body.

?     Asked on 5/9/2015by Paul

I need a replacement C53 23P. I also need the screw in plug at the bottom if that is not supplied...and the square gasket going to the pump. Can you help with part numbers please?

A  Answered on 5/10/2015 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi Paul, The item on this page is the correct replacement for the C53-23P. Here is the Sta - Rite Square Gasket used with this pump housing and here is the Sta-Rite Drain Plug used with this item.

?     Asked on 4/22/2015by John Krystek

Is the C53-23P trap the same as the C153-53P1 trap?

A  Answered on 4/22/2015 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Hi John, Yes the Sta-Rite C53-23P trap is the same as the C153-53P1 trap.


Review Summary

 (Average 5  out of 5 stars)
11 Rating
5 star:
4 star:
3 star:
2 star:
1 star:

The Most Helpful Review

The Most Recent Reviews